The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 43 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#127270 - 09/06/07 12:36 PM The Faith Club?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Has anyone read this book yet? I saw it at the airport yesterday and am going to order it from Amazon. I can't satnd paying full price for books when I know I can get them for at least 20% off.

Anyway, it is written by three women - a Muslim, Christian and a Jew. I think they atarted out writing something for kids after 911 to show the similarities and differences between the faiths. Once they got started, they realized a book was needed for adults, so they took off writing this book. I'm anxious to read it. I have so much to learn about the other beliefs.

Any feedback?

#127271 - 09/06/07 07:49 PM Re: The Faith Club?
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I have just read the review on Amazon and ordered a copy.

#127272 - 09/07/07 11:33 PM Re: The Faith Club? [Re: Lola]
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Just dropping in to check on things. I have been in a bit of a funk lately, lots of stress and now a baaad cold has the best of me. I am sitting at my computer mostly reading blogs, e-mails, been too droopy to respond or write much to anyone.
But, I do see that my favorite author, Elizabeth Berg has 2 more of her books in the works to be made into movies, We Are All Welcome Here and Dream When You Are Feeling Blue. I just know they're going to be good. And, if you live in the Chicago area, specifically Forest Park, IL one of her books is now a play (or staged reading). It is called The Pull of The Moon, one any woman going through the midlife change will definitely appreciate. I highly recommend the book, I promise you will laugh. If you live in that area, the play is Sat & Sun Sept 29 and 30 at 7:30 and Monday, Oct 1. I wish I could be there to see it. Just thought I'd mention it.

#127273 - 03/06/08 04:45 PM Re: The Faith Club? [Re: gerrbeck]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, have you read it? It took be forever to read it because I was trying to retain the similarities and differences among the different faiths. I think what they did was brilliant.

gerrbeck, I'm going to look up The Pull of the Moon. Thanks.

#127274 - 05/08/08 05:12 PM Re: The Faith Club?
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Dots, all of Elizabeth Berg's books are worth reading, IMO. She is my fav multiple book author (neck 'n' neck with C.S. Lewis) Her book "The Art of Mending" touched me the most. I've not read "Joy School." I need to go back and read "The Pull of the Moon," because it's about a lot of what I'm feeling these days.

#127275 - 05/08/08 10:33 PM Re: The Faith Club? [Re: gims]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Yes, I had the same distractions, Dotsie. Not with the Jewish and Christian faiths though but, with Islam. The way it was presented seemed to be in the context of how it could work in the States. The application might be different here because the moderates do get silenced by the more radical ones. It makes for dialogue very difficult.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved