The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#48754 - 02/25/04 01:33 AM For a Friend
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I have a friend who is going through a lot already and just found out her Dad is in the hospital in intensive care and hoooked up to every machine imaginable. He's been sick with emphasema for a while. Her relationship with her Dad and the rest of the family is not the great and situations like these just bring it all to a head. Please pray that she will make it through this.

#48755 - 02/25/04 02:39 AM Re: For a Friend
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Maybe this can be a time of miracles for your friend. Sometimes the battle between life and death can bring a family together and petty feuds fade in comparison with the battle at hand.

I'll definitely remember your friend in my prayers. Thank you for giving me a reason to approach my His throne.

smile

#48756 - 02/25/04 03:21 PM Re: For a Friend
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Candice,

I feel for your friend. My Dad died after being on life support, one year ago today. It is still a poignant but sweet memory.

And yes, at times like these sometimes the best in people come out. Our family was together like glue and I will pray that your friend feels the support from her own.

Lynn

#48757 - 02/25/04 05:40 PM Re: For a Friend
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I agree with Lynn. I know when Daddy first became ill, all sibling rivalry stopped and we sisters + Mom have never been closer. Everything we do is for the good of Mom and Dad. Period. The love just keeps on pouring out among us. I too will pray that your friend's family will also find this kind of peace.

Blessing,

JJ

#48758 - 02/25/04 10:17 PM Re: For a Friend
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
Originally posted by jawjaw:
I know when Daddy first became ill, all sibling rivalry stopped and we sisters + Mom have never been closer. Everything we do is for the good of Mom and Dad. Period. The love just keeps on pouring out among us.
Blessing,

JJ

We experienced the same when my mom was diagnosed with cancer.

While reading Jawjaw's post I had a revelation. She mentioned that everything they did was for the good of Mom and Dad. This is the way our lives are to be lived all the time. We shouldn't have an agenda other than what God has called us to do, love and care for one another.

While Mom was sick our agendas were all dismissed. All that mattered was caring for her and showing love. Interesting. [Razz] Everyone involved in Mom's care felt endless love. None of us were worried about ourselves. This should be a lesson for me. The more we show love, the more we feel it.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved