The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 46 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#50352 - 07/14/05 06:25 PM My mother
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I am requesting prayer for my mother. She has always been the dynamo in our family, but she has aged so drastically since my Daddy died. She and Daddy were married for almost sixty years and now it truly is as if half of her is no longer there.

She lives alone 150 miles from here and I don't get over there as often as I should. She refuses to leave her home and move in with me or into the retirement center which is only about two miles away. I understand that, but it certainly causes extra worry.

Our extended family is nearby to help her, but she fell recently and injured herself and refused to go to the hospital. She just suddenly looks so feeble.

I woke up early this morning worried about her. I hate the long boring drive, but will probably drive over there tomorrow.

I know I will lose her at some point, but I would love to see her return to her previous joyful, dynamic self.

Thanks.
smile

#50353 - 07/14/05 06:34 PM Re: My mother
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Smile: Prayers going up right now! Mothers are so special. It is especially hard when an elderly looses their life companion. I'll be praying for her well being.

I hope you find a way to enjoy the drive. Maybe some joyful music can help? Maybe reflecting on how much she means to you? I'll be praying for your trip as well!

Blessings!

#50354 - 07/14/05 06:37 PM Re: My mother
Songbird Offline

Smie, why not write a song for your mom?

From my own experience...I'm sure it will mean a lot to her and brighten her days! (My Mom enjoys so much the songs I've written for her). Maybe that'll make your trip a breeze!!!

Just a thought.

#50355 - 07/15/05 07:12 AM Re: My mother
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Smile, I am praying for you and your Mom and hope that the trip to see her resolves some of your worry. Losing your Dad was difficult for her. Have a safe trip tomorrow. And yes...Song what a nice idea, a song from your heart for your Mom. You could do it on the way, so you can overcome the burden of a long boring drive.
Luv
chick

#50356 - 07/15/05 07:32 AM Re: My mother
smilinize Offline

Great idea girls.
Mom loves my musicals and is always so proud when she comes to opening night. Of course like the rest of the family she wonders where I came from. I'm so different than anyone else in the whole neighborhood.
smile

#50357 - 07/15/05 07:39 AM Re: My mother
smilinize Offline

I just talked to Mom and she said tell you all thank you for praying for her. She said she was already feeling better and she perked right up when I told her.

And I think I will go over this weekend instead of tomorrow because she decided she felt good enough to teach her porcelain class tomorrow. She is amazing.

I still worry about her, but already boomer prayers seem to be working another miracle.
Thank you all so much.
smile

#50358 - 07/14/05 09:45 PM Re: My mother
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
smile, teaching at porcelain class? Inspiring!
I'm sure your calls boost her spirits. Your visit will work wonders.

I'm praying you are both blessed by the visit. Why don't you consider ways you can affirm her life with your words while you are there? The elderly need to be reminded of how their lives have made a difference. Don't you think?

#50359 - 07/15/05 12:28 AM Re: My mother
Songbird Offline

Smile: I am so glad your mom is already feeling better. Prayers answered! I'm sure visiting with her will be a wonderful Rx to boost her spirit!

#50360 - 07/15/05 12:46 AM Re: My mother
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
SMILES: I'm adding my name to the list of devoted friends who would be honored to pray for your dear, sweet Mother. I'm happy in reading that she is already feeling better! Amazing!

Have you ever considered books on tape for your journey? I don't like them, but the rest of the population seem to LOVE them. They would at least be a distraction. I have also taken a recorder along on a trip and "journaled" so to speak while I was driving. You could pin a microphone to your shirt/dress-top, whatever and talk away!

JJ

#50361 - 07/15/05 02:45 AM Re: My mother
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Here is praying for a lightness to your Mom's step. After 60 years with a partner it is difficult to dance alone and it is difficult to watch.

My MIL and FIL were very much like that. So endearing and now together in heaven.

Time with your Mom is precious, I hope you get as much as you need.

Lynn

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved