I post this and open discussion on this because the couple of times I have "gone off," on the forum have caused a few to say that I am over sensitive.

I am. I admit this and I know I am so very sensitive that the lightest note of music can make my little finger move the way it should! I am so sensitive that even my skin is sensitive. I have always been sensitive and it has been a problem from time to time.

However,

It is what my friends come to me for and admire me for as well.

I try to be a sensitive as possible on the forum and when others are feeling pain and write about it, I really feel it with them! I often tell people that I am sorry for their pain because I AM and I really feel their hurt.

I was born this way and I was born sensitive to almost everything. It is one thing that made me, according to the Village Voice, a "World Class Dancer." I need that sensitivity to do my job, my art, and yes, to sustain the friendships I do have.

I flip out at meanness. I freak out at crudeness. I whince when people argue around me. I try to stop fights as fast as possible so that I don't have to deal with them.

I am not a debater but I have a son who is! lol. I have a son who can peel the pain off the wall with intellectual come-backs! I cannot. It is my way.

I also cannot wear any metal at all, not 18 gold, not platinum, not titanium, etc, lol.

The whole reality around me is sensitive, and it's not only mental, it's physical!

And so, I am not mentally ill by anyone's standards that I have ever met. I present to the professionals I meet and to those I know personally as a kind and good person, that is Sensitive. I cannot help it.

Again, most of my personal friends are sensitive too or are my friends because I am sensitive and can understand what happens to them. I can be taken advantage of for this reason and yes, I can "snap," when offended.

But I am just the "snap," and nothing more. I do not make war upon anyone, ever. If there is a war made on me, I always need friends to help me and thank God they are there for me.

I have a couple friends on this forum who are sensitive to my sensitivity that help me to return when I am hurt. But I am hurt, not angered when I "snap." Also: I hear others have "had it out," now and again.

And so, I open this thread for anyone to say what they are sensitive to. I do so with all politeness, and without personal messages.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"