I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST

Posted by: KAY B

I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/12/05 06:23 PM

I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JANUARY 1ST!!! [Embarrassed]

I avoid the post office this time of year...I am usually there by the 1st of December to mail my cards & any packages that need to go out. (or the packages go UPS or in Jan!! [Smile] )

This morning I was backing out of the parking spot at the post office...and the idiot waiting for my spot saw someone back out afew spots down the row. As I am continuing to back out--he speeds around me & I almost slammed into him. The topper of my morning--the guy gets out of his car & just stands there blocking my way. He just stands there & gives me the finger!!!

The animals are out in full force....beware! Someone left the zoo gates open!!!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/12/05 06:49 PM

Did you tell him to have a Merry Christmas too?

Tis the season to be jolly...not! I'm avoiding going out too. It's just scary out there.
Posted by: Sadie

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/12/05 07:47 PM

Kay B.
I can remember a time when people were extra nice and wished you a Merry Christmas . Now , all they do is get out of my way and growl at you . Now I am worried I am going to the post office today . Keep you posted . We were at the Mall yesterday , not too bad . Not like it use to be of days gone by .

To Be Contined!
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/13/05 08:04 AM

Same thing happened to my daughter Sat. Was backing out of her parking space, no one in sight, then all of the sudden, Bammm.
Was her first mishap in 4 years.

Not sure about anyone else's area but, this place is bad for people trying to rush behind you when you half way out of a parking space.

What's worse is blowing the horn off, after trying to race past and not quite making it.
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/13/05 08:23 AM

Kay B,,,that realy stinks!!! Nothing gets my heart in spasms like road rage...that guy should be ashamed of himself...what kind of jerk gives a lady the finger for goodness sake..don't let it ruin your day...we all love you...((((HUG))))
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/13/05 08:31 AM

Yep, this road rage stuff is scary! After spending Saturday driving from shopping center, store to store with my mother (who by the way was able to nap inbetween shopping centers as I drove), delivered her and her packages home safely after 7 PM, I headed to Moes for dinner.

Arriving at Moes, I saw a car backing out, turned on my blinker, waived in thanks and commenced to pull in, and some delta alpha kid in a truck w/ his hillbilly girlfriend pulled in and laughed at me! Ohhhhh! I was so hot! Well, I went into Moes, jumped ahead of the line and was out of there quick as you can say lickity split 20 times!
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/13/05 08:44 AM

Well you all need to move here! We have mountains and springs of healing waters. People here are mellow and friendly. It's not perfect, but I've seen more peace and joy in people's eyes here than anywhere else.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/13/05 08:58 AM

We often take our 4-1/2 year old granddaughter out for lunch after church on Sundays. Sometimes we go shopping after lunch for a toy that she just HAS to have, but we told her at the beginning of December that we wouldn't be doing any more shopping until after Christmas.

So yesterday, while zillions of people were fighting for parking spaces and lining up at the cash registers, we played at McDonald's for about an hour and a half, and she had a wonderful time. For once it wasn't crowded (they were all over at the Walmart across the street!) so she had a lot of fun with another little girl there.

Not quite as peaceful as mountains and healing springs (you're making me drool here, Bluebird!), but it turned out to be a very pleasant day.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/12/05 09:11 PM

Just a further thought to my previous post. Our granddaughter had been playing at McDonalds for a few moments when she came running over to me, all upset because some little girl was sitting in a crucial part of the play equipment not allowing her (my GD) to pass by. So we talked about it, and I was trying to give her "words" to use to resolve the impasse...like standing up for herself, she has as much right to be there as anyone else, that little girl doesn't own the playground it's for everyone. None of those seemed to appeal to her at all. Then she pointed out the girl to me and I noticed she had a birthday crown on. So I told my GD that sometimes saying something NICE to someone makes the difference. And I suggested that if they ran into each other again, that she say Happy Birthday to the little girl. Her eyes brightened up at that suggestion and off she ran.

I watched, and sure enough this other little girl started giving my GD a hard time. But GD started singing Happy Birthday to her. The other girl said it wasn't her birthday and pointed out the birthday girl, and then started playing with my GD and they had a WONDERFUL time together for the next hour or so.

GD talked about it with me afterward and told me that she sang Happy Birthday to the mean girl and then she was nice to her. So I told that saying nice things in those situations won't ALWAYS work, but it's worth trying! She actually seemed to "get it".
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/12/05 09:36 PM

Eagle,

What a beautiful story. Your GD is lucky to have you for a role model!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/12/05 11:13 PM

Eagle,

I have lived in Colorado Springs and often visited Aspen and Vail, love those hiking trails! Ran into Kathy Lee (Gifford) at the Wal-Mart (she would not talk to anyone and had her kids w/ her) and drove by her home (I knew the guard) -- however, she is not very well liked in that community, as she is rude and would redoracate a different room every 3 and was never satisfied! Hmmmm, maybe thats why hubby cheated!

Oh, Garden of the Gods has great trails, too!
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/12/05 11:21 PM

Eagle..no truer words were ever spoken...we need more kindness in this world...less meanness...i think your little GD learned a valuable lesson that will get her thru many a tough situation in the years to come...she is lucky to have such a sweet Grandmother...

BlueBird...I am so happy knowing you live in a peaceful place...I wish that for all of my Boomer sisters... [Smile]
Posted by: ariadne54

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/13/05 02:07 AM

Christmas has become an insane materialistic mania. I avoid it all. This year I'm giving simple gifts I've made (fiber arts), plus some books and a a toy each to my twin grandsons (age 3). I'm not a Scrooge at all, but the masses seem to have become like an unstoppable herd of sheep, following the insanity, which grows earlier and bigger every year. It's clearly driven by commerce, not the spirit or meaning of the season.
Peaceful thoughts,
ARI
Posted by: Sadie

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/13/05 07:01 AM

You said it Ariadne54,
It has become insane , this time at the post off was not so bad . I went to another one down the road . I had to wait in the post office and talked to a few people . Put my postage on my card and took off down the busy road . Where is the Spirt of Christams anymore ? Where did it go ?

The main road here are so busy these days and wonder where everone is going in such a hurry . I end up taking the back roads to get where I am going safely .

[ December 12, 2005, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/13/05 07:37 AM

Bluebird, when can we move in? Sounds wonderful.

Eagle, what a tremendous lesson you taught her. This is how kids learn best, by doing.

As far as the madness goes, I won't give into it. I try to keep spreading cheer.

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/13/05 09:14 PM

So do I. So far this year, it seems to be working. I'm actually feeling less stressed than I have in years past. Might have something to do with not having hubby and mom in the hospital right now like they were last year.

Counting my blessings!

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/22/05 09:51 PM

Had another fun experience today!!!

A HUGE MAMOUTH sized truck parked next to me...& I had maybe 2 inches to get into my car.
ON THE OTHER SIDE was a car.......with maybe 3 inches for me to get inside!!!!

I went back inside a store & walked around for abit....because I WOULD HAVE GONE OFF ON THE IDIOTS WHO BLOCKED ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this was with a lovely HUGE parking lot to choose from!!! I was halfway down the lot from the stores too........

BAH DOUBLE DOUBLE HUM BUG!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: TVC15

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/22/05 10:14 PM

Kay B
That same thing happened to me last week. I was so mad. They had plenty of room on the other side but decided to park right on top of me! No consideration for their fellow man.

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/22/05 11:26 PM

I think a lot of people aren't paying close attention to what their doing this time of year. I guess I prefer thinking that to the idea that so many people are simply inconsiderate because they don't care. Which is probably why I've often been accused to being overly optimistic.
Posted by: Danita

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/23/05 01:18 AM

Jackie,

I'm with you - probably overly optimistic.

Danita
Posted by: ladybug

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/23/05 02:10 AM

I'm counting on many people to be lazy. I park as far away from any store or mall entrances as possible just to avoid what you ladies are describing. It works too.
Posted by: MossPatch

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/23/05 02:20 AM

Ya, shurr, ya betcha. [Eek!]

Yesterday I was exiting the mall via the two traffic light controlled right hand turn lanes. So...two cars turning right into the two lanes of the main road. Simple, no?

NO! A total nitwit decided to to an illegal u-turn down the road a'piece and well, three cars don't fit easily where only two belong. I thought I was going to be crushed between the u-turner and the car on my right. Standard shift cars do not go from 0-60 very rapidly but I peeled a bit of rubber just the same. I watched in my rear view mirror as the offending car then cut off several more vehicles to get into the mall parking lot.

Now I know why Santa prefers air travel.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/23/05 04:22 AM

This is just one more reason, a BIG one I do all my shopping via the better catalogs....No parking problems on my desk in my office, ya you betcha.....
Posted by: LSmith5434

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/23/05 05:29 AM

Just got back from Freddy's, was going to make a left hand turn, saw an elderly lady trying to cross the parking lot(it's raining)and no one will stop for her. I did. Some stupid young punk of a girl came barelling around the corner and nearly ran into me. She had to come to a full stop, I rolled down my window and told her to slow down. She stuck her tongue out at me, and I told her I would call the police and report her for reckless endangerment, and she'd spend some time in the "can." She had no idea what I was talking about, and I told her it was a felon, and I had every right to charge her with it. She asked me how I knew all about that, and I told her I'm married to a cop. She took of like a bat out of h___! So I lied!
Merry Christmas everyone!
Lynne
Posted by: TVC15

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/23/05 05:33 PM

NHJackie,
It's good to think that way. But my offending parker, saw me and chose not to move her car, I know this because she was waiting (leaning on her trunk) for someone who came up just as I did. She looked at me, (I was shaking my head in disbelief) And the two of them left in a hurry!

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/23/05 09:18 PM

I was parked a distance down yesterday....and it was early yet---plenty of spots close to the stores.

It never fails with me---I can park in the very last spot---100 miles away & end up with huge suv's & mini vans on either side!!! [Embarrassed] I attract them for some reason!!!

Had to go out this morning.......luckily no mishaps!!! I am going to stop by my old job tomorrow & visit till my husband calls for me to get him at the train. (it's right nearby)

I am toying with the idea of going to Target at 7am Monday.......but.........nahhhhhhhh!!!! I will just get my cards at Wal-Mart next year for the same as half off!!! [Smile]

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/24/05 12:07 AM

Was in Target yesterday with my daughter, she was finishing up her Christmas shopping.
Trying to spend every spare minute with her, next summer she will be moving to Texas.
She works unbelievable hours, so when she takes a few days off and wants to get out and about... I go to be with her.

We also went to Kirkland's, (I love that store) they had pretty well been picked over, and not to much left. Took a hand full of 25% off coupons with me, I didn't buy anything but, it was nice handing out all the coupons to people who were purchasing.

You know I'm kind of enjoying being out with the crowds... I've reached the point of being truly grateful for the added time to spend with my family.
Wasn't sure I was going to have that time available, earlier this year.

So, if she happens to be shopping the after Christmas sales...I'll be there, right by her side.

Miss her already...and she's not even gone yet. [Confused]

[ December 23, 2005, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: yepthatsme2 ]
Posted by: karenelaine1977

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/24/05 02:36 AM

Brenda-What a sweet mama you are!! And how thoughtful to pass out coupons to shoppers. She'll be able to handle the move bc of the mama you are to her. Supportive, loving, etc. Hugs to you sister!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/24/05 03:46 AM

Brenda, how far away is your daughters school?
Posted by: ladybug

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/24/05 06:19 AM

I don't mind being out with the crowds either. Today I brought another elderly lady friend a cake, a ham and a live poinsettia. Since I could see she was "down" I easily persuaded her to spend a few hours with me at my house and then drove her home later.

Tomorrow I am going to take it easy because I have everything done.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Hannakuh to all our Jewish ladies too!

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/24/05 06:55 AM

Chatty, my daughter isn't in school...she's moving next year. Grandson and new granddaughter too.

My son in law to be will be joining the Border Patrol, and re-locating. He is in the reserves and has been accepted into the BP, he might have to go to Iraq, unless the BP picks him up under Homeland Defense. Depends on where he get orders to first.

Not sure how long he will be the son-in-law-to-be...they were going to get married the first of this month...until he forgot her birthday. They are now thinking about marriage plans again...no one's birthday is coming up so we might be safe. [Roll Eyes]

Try and spend all the time I can with her while she's still here. She took a couple of days off this week which is unusual for her.
During the week she's at the office by 8, and most nights she won't leave the office, till midnight or later.

[ December 23, 2005, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: yepthatsme2 ]
Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/25/05 05:01 AM

Gosh, I feel blessed. The guys at the feed store will back out of their parking spots to give it to me. :>)

Seriously, I read about some of ya'll living in urban areas and, thankfully, I can no longer relate. How terrible when people forget we're all in this together.

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/26/05 07:45 PM

Thistle, how true. My town has gone mad this past week, but I try to get a kick out of it instead of getting angry. It makes for much happier times. It's comical when you think about it. We cram so much into our days that we don't have a lousy second to wait patiently for an elderly person to close their door so we can drive by them on a parking lot? I saw a man on the verge of a heart attack the other day. All because he had to sit in his warm car and wait for a woman with a stroller to cross in front of him in the mall parking garage.

Time. It's all aobut time management. And to think we are all given the same 24 hour day!
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/26/05 09:26 PM

I feel sorry for people who are so self centered that they can't esteem anyone above themselves.

Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST - 12/27/05 09:01 PM

Rotten behavior boils down to being self-centered.