The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#65215 - 05/22/05 05:24 PM Gary Puckett
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Anyone remember Gary Puckett and the Union Gap from the 70s? We just saw him at the American Pavillion in Epcot at Disneyworld (without the Union Gap). I was never a big fan of his but my husband wanted to sit and listen to him so we did. I was bored until he started singing some early 60s stuff. Then I was in my glory. We also saw the group, Orleans. They sang Dance With Me. It was the only one of theirs I really remembered. We just missed the Lovin' Spoonfuls. They were there the week before.
Louisa

#65216 - 05/22/05 08:00 PM Re: Gary Puckett
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
There seems to be a new "thing" with the older groups returning to the stage. I like it. Still love the Beach Boys but not sure if they tour as much since they've been dying off.

#65217 - 05/22/05 08:05 PM Re: Gary Puckett
Louisa Offline

Yes, all the old groups like the Beach Boys, Gary Puckett, The Lovin'Spoonfuls, etc., are doing well touring and singing on small stages across the country. That's because of the nostalgia thing being so big. People enjoy being brought back to their youth. I want to be the Beach Boys of the literary world. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Louisa

#65218 - 05/23/05 04:56 AM Re: Gary Puckett
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I saw the Beach Boys live the first concert they were all back together again - after Brian Wilsons first breakdown. They were AWESOME !!

Quite often the PBS station will have the older groups in concert. Check out this link and you should be able to get the schedule for all the featured artist.
http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/featured.htm

#65219 - 05/24/05 12:15 AM Re: Gary Puckett
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read an article today titled, It's Only Rock and Roll, but Baby Boomers Still Like It.

Are you singing that tune? I know, it's only rock and roll.....?

The writer mentioned Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, Stevie Nicks, and Chicago as entertainers who are returning on tour.

#65220 - 05/24/05 02:12 AM Re: Gary Puckett
Louisa Offline

A woman came in to where I work today looking for the gift shop to buy my book. I just happened to be standing there. Since the shop wasn't opened yet, I had to open it and take her in. I wanted to make sure she got the book. She mentioned the movie Picnic - an old Kim Novak movie. Nostalgia is in big time right now. Not only old groups, but singers who would otherwise be nowhere now are on tour with our music. There is an audience for it. Us.
Louisa

#65221 - 05/24/05 02:43 AM Re: Gary Puckett
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
When something is wonderful. uplifting and unforgetable once that doesn't change. It may not be to the fore front than all of a sudden it is once again. Lets face it we had the best music in those years and once heard by the new generations (the sane ones) they love it too..Because it can't be beat.... [Cool]

#65222 - 05/24/05 02:54 AM Re: Gary Puckett
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
anyone like the moody blues ??? i listen to them all the time timeless music

#65223 - 05/24/05 03:32 AM Re: Gary Puckett
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Gary Puckett...wow, old memories! I "permanently borrowed" my older brother's Gary Puckett LP way back in the 60's. I still have that record somewhere in the house. I hope my brother isn't still looking for it. He's got my Neil Diamond Hot August Night album. Maybe one of these days we'll do a tradesies.

My youngest brother and I used to listen to the Moody Blues for hours. Between the two of us we had every album they ever made. Now we just have a few favourites on CD and he has their reunion DVD. It's still beautiful music, especially with the full orchestra behind them.

[ May 23, 2005, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#65224 - 05/24/05 03:45 AM Re: Gary Puckett
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
What was up with Gary Puckett anyway, with "Young girl get out of my mind> My love for you is way out of line..." and I think there was another song with similar lyrics. At the time, it didn't seem so outrageous when I was a teenager. But, man -- these days he'd have all sorts of groups out to get him for pedophilia or something, wouldn't he?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved