The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 43 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#153485 - 07/14/08 06:33 PM childhood vacations
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Did your family take them? If so, where did you go?
We definitely didn't take annual summer vacations, but we did do some and they were usually to Ocean City, MD. Some summers we did day trips as a family if we didn't go to the beach.

Our biggest family vacation ever was to Fort Lauderdale, Florida to visit my aunt and uncle. He had been transferred with Black and Decker. Mom and my aunt were extremely close so Dad took the whole clan, by airplane, all seven of us to visit them for ten days to two weeks. All seven stayed with them. They had a lovely home with a pool on a canal. It was tremendous fun. It was the first time most of the five kids had flown and I remember all of us struggling to see out the windows on take-off.

#153486 - 07/14/08 08:36 PM Re: childhood vacations
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My family took one trip from Indiana to California, saw the ocean, redwoods and some beautiful scenery in Orange county. We went to Texas to visit my Uncle one year who was stationed there in the Air Force, he let us crawl around in a B26 bomber plane, that was a real thrill. But mostly we stayed close to home and took day trips or weekend trips to visit relatives. We had lots of visitors to out home as well. Someone was always staying with us or visiting for the day.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#153487 - 07/14/08 08:46 PM Re: childhood vacations
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
My family took only day trips to an amusement park about every other summer. However around 7y/o Mom & I went w/ her firend and 2 kids to see The Sound of Music in a nearby state and spent the night with their granny.
Gosh that city yard looked sooo little. Next overnight for me was actually 2 nights and 3 Rodeos! After my folks divorce Daddy landed tickets to the National FInals Rodeo w/ a friend and his wife. Instead of taking a GF, he took me! I was so thrilled. We had a motel room and went to the Cowboy Hall of Fame, I got autographs of several contestants. LOL I kept a diary of our trip and was so proud. Till my mom read it and in one entry (ok I was 9) I wrote : "We stopped at Stucky's, went to the bathroom and got pecan logs". I totally understood, but my mom! UGGHHH says euewwwwwww you got pecan rolls in the bathroom?! I was mortified and stayed mad at her for days. I did a 3 week bus trip with y Granny and mom at 13, what an education! and another trip w/ Mom and my 1st stepdad at 14... not the greatest road trip on earth. SD & I were at odds a lot. Beyond that, my trips were sneak offs with my cousin after we could drive. LOL More Education.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved