Need your prayers!

Posted by: Jen

Need your prayers! - 01/16/06 05:52 AM

Hi all! I am brand new to this and would like to say this is so wonderful!

Ok, here is the story, I am going through a terrible divorce. He was emotionally abusive (but the courts do not care about that) and he started becoming physically abusive. He is not a prodigal parent, and we have an 18 month old son together. At this time, he has supervised visits through the court, but he claims he has a way to prove I am unfit. I do not know what that could be, but I do not want to risk it. We have deposition tomorrow (Mon Jan 16 @ 1 pm) I am so terrified, because this will be the first time I have seen him since April 2005. Please pray for me, and I will read the other bulletins and pray for anyone who needs it. Thank you and God Bless!
Posted by: LSmith5434

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/16/06 08:48 AM

Jen....I came to this forum on this thread with the thought of divorcing my husband of 40 years.
I recieved so much help, conecern, and prayers for all these wonderful ladies.
I can't help you, but I know there will some that will come on and give you great advice.
Bless you, and heads up!
Lynne
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/16/06 09:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jen:
he claims he has a way to prove I am unfit. We have deposition tomorrow (Mon Jan 16 @ 1 pm) I am so terrified

Hi Jen and welcome.
I think if you read some of the other posts, you will see how common those false accusations are in divorces. A lot of men seem to try to pass the buck when they are the guilty party. They know their only way out is to get their wives in emotional turmoil.

Don't let him get to you. Be strong and smart and honest. You'll be triumphant no matter the outcome of the court.

Just surround yourself with boomer prayers and know you and your child are safe from harm.

smile

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/16/06 09:12 AM

Thank you very much! I appreciate that a lot!
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/17/06 08:38 AM

Praying for you Jen....
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/17/06 08:41 AM

I'll keep you in my prayers Jen.

Sherri
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/17/06 08:59 AM

Jen, I just offered prayers for you to have clarity and to be peaceful for this afternoon. You are surrounded by boomer prayers. Feel them and be strong.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/16/06 09:11 PM

Praying for you too Jen.
chick
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/16/06 10:34 PM

I'll be praying too and please let us know how it went this afternoon.

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/17/06 03:18 AM

God is so GLORIOUS! I went in for a deposition and left with a settlement. I have full custody and he has visitation. I am SO THANKFUL to all of you! You are wonderful and I will be praying for you as well!!!!

LOVE
Jen
Posted by: starting over

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/17/06 03:22 AM

Jen, PTL! God is so good! I am so glad everything went far better than you dreamed!

I would like everyone to pray that my court date has as many miracles on Feb. 6th!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/17/06 03:47 AM

We're already there starting over and have been and Jen I am so happy for you. I was going to say most are empty threats and to stand your ground but it wasn't needed. Stop in often and let us know how its going and who knows you may have wisdom to share with another of us...

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/17/06 04:54 AM

I will be praying for you on Feb 6.

Also, I will keep you updated, and I want to tell all of you, you are amazing!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/17/06 05:20 AM

Jen, I'm so happy. YAHOO. How amazing. Starting over, please remind us of the date so we can pray.
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/17/06 09:39 AM

Jen,
God is good and he answers prayer.

smile
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/17/06 07:31 PM

Jen, Welcome! I'm sorry I'm late. But glad to see God anwered your prayers beyond expectations. He is wonderful and always takes into consideration the larger picture. May He continue showering you with blessings!

Starting Over- I continue to pray for your situation. He is with you and is in control of your needs. Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/17/06 07:35 PM

Jen, thanks so much for giving us the good news. Often we pray for pepole and never hear the outcome. I appreciate your coming back.

I hope you will jump in the other forums and become a part of our neighborhood.

Starting over, you are surrounded girlfriend!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Need your prayers! - 01/18/06 05:55 AM

Starting over, I've got you covered for the 6th. Jen, your update was a joy to read. How blessed you are.
chick