The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#203418 - 05/13/10 10:38 PM I buried my mother on Saturday
KarenBagoroses Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
I am sitting here crying with nowhere to post. I knew I could come back here--haven't been around in awhile---

We thought we would eventually lose my mother to Alzheimer's & have to put her in a nursing home. The very thought would kill me and fill me with guilt. I so dreaded having to do that.

ONLY THAT DAY WILL NEVER COME.

My mom went into the hospital with what we thought was pnenumonia---but it turned out to be something we never saw coming.

My mom had a cancer in her blood. All the signs and symptoms we thought were related to other problems she had in the past.
We thought they were acting up again. Mom's kidneys shut down-and they began dialysis. What we thought would be a life of dialysis 3x a week--which we would have dealt with---turned out to be something much more.

Her kidneys shut down due to multiple mylenoma. She was given 3-6 months to live. We were called to discuss a DNR---and that conversation ended up turning into something I never thought we would have to do.

Make a choice on whether to continue treatment for her kidneys and add chemo. Which would make mom even weaker than she already was.

Mom went into a WONDERFUL hospice on May 4th. 12 hours later on May 5th she was gone.

Everything since has been a blur. We had family here till the weekend. My brother went home Tuesday night. And the past 2 days I have been crying.

I miss my mother so much. I have spent the past 22 years taking care of her. The last 5 have been more one on one. I just feel so empty and alone. I wasn't ready to let her go so soon.

I know not having to see her slowly disappear from the Alzheimers will be some kind of a blessing---but right now I am 44 years old and I want my mommy.

Thanks for listening.

#203420 - 05/13/10 10:48 PM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: KarenBagoroses]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My Dearest Karen, I am sitting here feeling so sad for you; not pretending to know your grief. Losing a parent has to be one of the worst possible loss's. All I can offer you are prayers for you and for your mothers everlasting soul. No one and nothing can hurt her now she is in the arms of our Lord...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#203422 - 05/13/10 10:51 PM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I'm really sorry to hear Karen, of your loss since it was so sudden.

#203424 - 05/13/10 10:57 PM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh Karen, my heart goes out to you. I've lost my dad and I know how the emptiness can consume you. I am so sorry. Allow the grieving if you can. But also very important is to remember the kindness of your mom and all of the wonderful memories you've shared. Let these fill your heart and hopefully, bring you peace.

I'm thinking of you during this difficult, very sad time.

#203425 - 05/13/10 10:58 PM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: orchid]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Karen, my condolences on your loss. I know words can't take away the pain you're feeling right now, but right now that's all I have.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#203460 - 05/14/10 06:26 AM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: yonuh]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Karen Dear I am so sorry for your terrible loss...my Mom was my best friend and she has been gone 12 years now and I still wake up each morning wanting to talk to her...don't even try to deny your grief..you need to grieve before you can begin to heal...I found a wonderful Grief Support Group that really really lifted me out of my darkness and I have formed some solid friendships from that group experience...

It's ok to feel really sad and to cry...and feel good about how close you were with your Mom..and how much you did for her..you are a good daughter...your Mom will always be in your heart....

I feel so so badly for you....love and blessings.

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#203461 - 05/14/10 06:51 AM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Karen, I feel so sad reading this. Your pain is so real and so deep. Tonight look up at the stars, and think your Mom is now looking down upon you, and is painfree and at peace.
I love thinking that all our souls will become a shiny twinkling star above us. I don't only think that, I believe it.
Be with people who mean alot to you. It's important that you aren't alone too much, especially after the fact that your Mother has been living with you. If I could, I'd come over with a good wine and drink till we get tipsy. Sending you a hug.

#203465 - 05/14/10 10:21 AM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: Edelweiss2]
Mountain Ash Offline

Karen
you write so beautifully of a relationship with yout Mother.

for now live for keeping yourself well enough to cope.By that eat well and walk each day..go into the sunshine...cosy up in bed..

I would like Edelweiss love to visit..listen to your memories and be present for you.

I understand.

#203485 - 05/14/10 04:10 PM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: Mountain Ash]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Karen, I am so very sorry for your loss. Love yourself through this and your mother will know that you are loving her.

My mother died last November. I, too, had expected her to live through the horrors of alz, but instead she died earlier. I can only say that when I am missing her, I think of how she died with most of her beautiful brain still intact.

What a whirlwind you have been through. I am glad you came back to post here.

Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#203518 - 05/15/10 02:29 AM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: Anno]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Karen, may you find a path to peace. I, too, am 44 and lost my step-father last November. I wished I had a closer relationship with my step-father. I'm glad that you were close to your mother.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved