The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 75 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#137127 - 01/08/08 11:37 PM Small Answered Prayers
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
These aren't major miracles by any stretch, and I wasn't sure about even sharing, but I think the Lord's nudging me to, I recognize that not-so-tender little finger poking me in my shoulder blade...LOL. Anyway. Who am I to argue with Him.

This afternoon I had a long-awaited appointment with a dermatologist downtown, just before rush hour. Hubby hates driving around downtown in rush hour. But no choice. He dropped me off at 1:30, told me he'd be back to pick me up at 2:30. I didn't even get into the doctor's office until 2:30. As I sat there waiting for the doctor to finish up with another patient, I glanced at my watch, noticed it was 2:35, started worrying about hubby, so said a quick prayer that he'd find a good parking spot, since it was going to be another half hour before I got out of there.

So, saw the doctor, she decided that the "thing" on my upper lip IS a pre-cancerous lesion, so burned it right then and there, then wanted to chat about my upcoming trip to Cuba. So by the time I got out, it was after 3:00. Hubby was outside waiting for me, in a great mood, to my surprise. Turns out that when he had gotten there around 2:35, a car had pulled out leaving him the BEST parking spot right in front of the building, with 20 minutes left on the meter! Which gave him time to go in, have a coffee, and then chat with the homeless man sitting on the bench outside while he waited for me and watched for the meter-man.

A little thing, but finding the perfect FREE parking spot in that area at that time of day would normally be quite impossible.

And getting that little thingie on my lip fixed after two years of procastinating (because it was such a little thingie) was also a blessing...

(Maya Angelou)

#137128 - 01/09/08 01:20 AM Re: Small Answered Prayers [Re: Eagle Heart]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I absolutely love you, Eagle. A great attitude and way of living. You are PERFECT!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#137129 - 01/09/08 09:41 AM Re: Small Answered Prayers [Re: Anno]
Mountain Ash Offline

These moments are sent as reminers of the bigger Universe.No one deserves one more than you.So pleases the lip was attended to.
Mountaina ash

#137130 - 01/09/08 12:41 PM Re: Small Answered Prayers [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Eagle, I'm glad things worked out for you at the doctor's. Hey, in this world, free parking spaces can make our whole day....I certainly "get it"! It's the little small answered prayers that keep us putting one foot in front of the other each day. I love to come here and see others getting encouraged and blessed on some of the most minute (or seemingly so) things. You're a love, Eagle.

#137131 - 01/09/08 01:52 PM Re: Small Answered Prayers [Re: ladyjane]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw the gentle blessing in such a small thing as a free parking space...it's not just the parking space, it was the TLC of God, answering my 2:35 prayer with a free parking space for my hubby at 2:35. I'm ashamed to say that it surprised me that He answered such a seemingly insignificant prayer, especially when I've been praying for bigger issues but haven't heard back from Him yet on any of those! But for as long as I've known this God, He's always surprising me with little gifts like that. And these seemingly insignificant surprises do remind me to keep the faith and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

(Maya Angelou)

#137132 - 01/09/08 03:40 PM Re: Small Answered Prayers [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm not surprised by HIM. If he knows when the sparrow falls from the tree, then why not our simple prayers? Isn't he magnificent?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved