The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#113804 - 04/06/07 04:35 PM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: celtic_flame]
Mountain Ash Offline

No Celtic...its in my past.If anyone benefits from sharing then some sense can result in that experience. Others also had problems which can be traced back.Its was also a hierarchy problem.So a workplace divides.When I say she was senior not in experience or qualifications..
I can rest easy knowing my point was recorded..
One thing I know most people will be overcome by such a personality .
I waited until I was offered a transfer from her "power" based on my complaints(this was at first refused then and only then say "No thanks".
she was actually taken away from dealing with staff..but remains there.Problems did continue...
i am at another stage of life now...
Mountain ash

#113805 - 04/06/07 04:41 PM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Celt: Here's a link to Princess Diana's interview with Martin Bashar (Part 1) where she touched on her experience with depression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8kGruQAqGw

The link also gives access to the rest of the interview i.e. Parts 2 and 3 and so forth. To view the rest just select from the right-hand side.

#113806 - 04/06/07 09:40 PM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: Lola]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
I googled Famous peeps with BPD's and it is suggested that people like Marlyne Monroe, July Garland and Liza...Tom Cruise suffer from this affliction. Chiefly, Princess Di appears to be the most famously documented for suspected BPD.
Not being well versed in these things..I kinda wonder if there is a chicken and egg scenario with some of the famous people mentioned above. By this I mean that for example, in Princess Di's case...did she suffer from PTSD first as a result of the trauma experienced with the dramatic shift in her lifestyle. Going from being a young shy nanny but relativley content woman...to a position which held great responsibility and overall stress. Making such a shift could have kickstarted PTSD...then her treatment(isolation, condemnation and constant scrutiny..etc) within 'the firm' brings out BPD type symptoms?

Just thinking out loud...Interesting debate nonetheless

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#113807 - 04/06/07 10:14 PM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: Poppie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
thanks for googling po and nice point about di your favie princess....

so their the types of personalities (google said not me lol)

Do you know enough about those types of people to say if you meet any in your day to day life

ANNO you said you thought of several people...what were your experinces of them as people and what happend to them in their life....
Even if your not 100% accurite in labiling them its not that important for it to be 100% ....Its more the life experinces of the person thats important, if you know what i mean

#113808 - 04/06/07 10:14 PM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
LOLA you were right about princess di, nice one...

#113809 - 04/07/07 01:09 PM Re: Borderline personality disorder [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I have thought and thought and thought about this and now I have a headache.

I don't think I can help either, Celtic. I have one person in my past that may have bpd, but I will pm you and see what you think. Later today.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved