The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#151010 - 06/26/08 02:09 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: jabber]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
How long do you feel imagiary spiders crawling on you after walking into a web? We were getting cattle up once in a woode area, my horse & I went right through a wed loaded with spiders...EWWWWWWWW, LOL We both went balstic! Heck with the cattle we had some major swatting to do. My Dad was like Lola, 'they're just litle spiders'. LOL

Edited by Q_ball (06/26/08 02:10 PM)

#151011 - 06/26/08 02:18 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Q_ball]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Mountain oysters...OMGosh...I hadn't thought of those in years. Yep, down here in the South they are quite common although I will you all that I have NEVER eaten them; well not knowingly.

There is a rattlesnake roundup also in the South and you can get snake-on-a-stick, and sometimes gator-on-a-stick. I want to add that anybody who would attend a rattlesnake roundup is nuts in my book. The only good snake is a dead one. And bring it on your bleeding hearts....you will NEVER change my way of thinking on this one. EVVVVVVVVVER!

#151012 - 06/26/08 02:26 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

My son, John, has a deathly fear of spiders...ANY spider...it stemmed from the night he spent at his grandmother's in Oklahoma. He was aroudn six year old and almost asleep when he looked down and a tarantula spider was crawling up towards his face...he said he could not move, could not speak...he was frozen in fear...I guess he regained his voice by the time it got on his stomach...his grandmother came in and killed it. But, now...my 6'1" big musculary 31 year old son will beat the crap out of any spider, good or bad, that he sees anywhere near him. Like you with snakes, JJ...John says the only good spider is a dead spider. OMGosh...can you imagine? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#151013 - 06/26/08 02:45 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Dee]
chickadee Offline

But....but WHY don't you like me...sniff? I like YOU.

#151014 - 06/26/08 03:00 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: chickadee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

get it off! get it off! eww...ewww...ewww....kill it! kill it! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....<Queen goes screaming down the hall, falls, gets up, continues running...Jessie Owens would be proud> Ewwww..help! Help!

#151015 - 06/26/08 04:15 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
A SNAKE!!! TO THE RESCUE, JJ!!!

#151016 - 06/26/08 04:55 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Lola]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
And as she's nifty with them blades...for good measure.

#151017 - 06/26/08 06:51 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Lola]
chickadee Offline

GEEZE..ALRIGHT ALREADY!! I'M LEAVIN'...TOUGH ROOM!

#151018 - 06/26/08 09:53 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: chickadee]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
JJ come on back, Lola got it. HAHAHA...so you are aware of Mt Oysters YEAH! DId you grow up around cattle too?

I used to feel like only good snake was dead, till I learned that the King snake eats the really bad ones. Granted I still give them W-I-D-E room to pass, LOL or run in the house..but don't kill them or the little greenies anymore. All other snakes beware, and like Dee's son, there's not a safe spider, I pound them till they're just a dark spot. WE have scorpions around here. They are right up there in things to avoid like Rattle Snake Round Ups. Don't ya wonder who in their right mind was sittin' round the house one day and said "Bubba, Let's go round up some rattlers!". & Bubba went..?
Dad had a friend once that caught them - milked the venum and turned those things loose. LOL I called him Crazy Clifford.

#151019 - 06/26/08 11:09 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

poor JJ...you can add 'wee my pants'

Larry spotted two snakes the same day in our yard...one was a rat snake the other a black racer...that sucker was loooooooooooong and creepy looking.

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved