Gosh, thanks for asking,Vi.

Mom died 30 years ago.......funny how it's still so raw.......especialy at Christmastime.

I never was able to have babies, so it's DH and I and our five dogs. Yes, you are all so right about them. They are my saving grace! Even with one doggy in heat now (:wink:) I still need them. Not one of them is my favorite......ALL of them are.

Loss is something that goes in stages. I also blame the commercialized "holy-days" (some call them holidays). People are constantly asking "spending time with family? Going "home" for Christmas". Well, this is home and my family is DH where we live.

Loss: When Mom died, we were so unprepared for it. She left a husband (age 47) and four children, ages 16 to 23. It was the hardest thing I'd ever had to get thru in my life. Still is, really.

I've missed a "mommy" in my life, so I feel like I just flailed around living what I thought was a good life. NOT! too many husbands, no kids and often times very lonely.

Granted, even with kids and a DH, some are lonely, but the only life I know is mine. And my feelings are my true, honest ones.

So, another Christmas has come and gone. WHEW! DH and I just say let's get this over with so we can get on with life at least for the next 365 days!