The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 48 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#190958 - 10/01/09 10:40 PM Re: Fear [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
That's it! That's it! It is a chain of gratitude! We're ALL connected and you just proved it. Now we can all follow your practice and be connected through gratitude.

I believe if more of us did what you did, there would be less war.

What a great story, Eagle. As usual, you make my heart sing!

#190960 - 10/01/09 10:46 PM Re: Fear [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
By the way...I've been meaning to say WELCOME HOME to Jabber! Glad to have you back here safe and sound, Ms J!

#190975 - 10/02/09 05:38 PM Re: Fear [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
jj,
Thank you for the welcome home. I'm grateful for the opportunity
to travel. I'm grateful for WB and Xena, they add such joy to my life. And I'm grateful for this website. I love it here! And I love and appreciate all of you and your spirits!

Eagle,
I like the way you think. It's refreshing.

Anno,
You too have lots of wisdom. Prayers and blessings,

#191036 - 10/04/09 04:51 PM Re: Fear [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Eagle,
I like how being grateful for one thing, leads to a list of
other things to be grateful about. It's so true. And a sensitive
heart, warms the soul!

#191040 - 10/04/09 05:25 PM Re: Fear [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

In hindsight, I've decided I'm uncomfortable with this reply, thinking it comes across as cold and unfeeling. I prefer warm and fuzzy posts. So I'm deleting it. When time permits, I'll go back and re read, with more careful consideration, the entire thread. I know many of us are functioning out of a broken heart. Therefore, soft and gentle replies are more appealing to all of us. Prayers and blessings,

Edited by jabber (10/06/09 12:51 PM)

#191058 - 10/04/09 06:47 PM Re: Fear [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, thanks for sharing your very personal, heartfelt, spiritual experiences. You continue to open my eyes with your faith.

I think I've shared this before, but a minister once shared that he prayed as he baked. He was a big bread baker and wheenver he kneaded the bread , with every push and fold, he ofered up prayers for others.

This is the type of thing that can be carried over to every household chore; folding laundry, weeding, watering, etc.

I have a row of trees lining our driveway. They are only a few years old so I've had to water them a lot. As I water each tree I pray for a different family member. It's a great way to occupy my mind in a glorious way.

#191116 - 10/05/09 08:11 PM Re: Fear [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Oooh, I like that, pray as you do household work! That's good.

#191127 - 10/05/09 08:21 PM Re: Fear [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes, it's our choice how we occupy our minds. I wish I chose prayer over worry more often.

#191141 - 10/05/09 10:06 PM Re: Fear [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I HAVE to pray, constantly, because if I don't, my mind fills up with intolerable grief and a terrible sense of futility. When I pray, I feel like I'm making an active attempt to connect to the world at large and to think outside of myself. I LOVE to pray, and love to come up with creative prayers - but what I most love to do is keep God busy. He's made it very clear that He listens to our prayers, that all of Heaven exists to answer our prayers and that when we pray for others, we ripple light and positive energy out into the continuum...there's a line in scripture in which God says "my Word does not come back to Me empty"...I believe that when we pray for one another, for our brothers and sisters around the world in need, we fill the emptiness (whether it be inside of us or the darkness in the world) with light and love.

(Maya Angelou)

#191264 - 10/07/09 01:18 PM Re: Fear [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

Eagle,
Now that was a lot of good food for thought. I pray a lot, too.
The Bible says we should pray without ceasing. Sometimes the
world gets in the way, but I pray to fill up the thought processes, too. Idle thoughts allow evil to enter and then we're
in trouble. Depression flattens a person. Prayer is like a
canopy of protection. You've gotta love it!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved