The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#191267 - 10/07/09 01:46 PM Re: Fear [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Nova Scotia is beautiful. We took the RV up there in 1997 and
thought the scenery was wonderful. Have a good time Eagle.
There isn't one fear mentioned on this thread, which I cannot
shake my head up and down and say, "Oh yes. I fear that. too."
Perhaps when you said we've seen what can happen and what does
happen, and that inflates the fear factor, is why "fear" overtakes our thoughts. The years make a person aware of so much.
Kids don't think passed the next party.

#191272 - 10/07/09 02:15 PM Re: Fear [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Jabber, it's all so true, isn't it, for some of us. The fear stems from all that we've seen, and now we know painfully well what CAN and does happen. It's imperative that we do what we can to keep that fear at bay, though, because once rooted, it becomes a spider's web of anxiety, panic, futility, depression and obsessive fear.

Today is our wedding anniversary. But for some reason, at the breakfast table, I felt empty. Breakfast is usually my favourite prayer time, but this morning, I just couldn't drum up anything more than a simple grace. And I apologized to God, admitting that my heart felt heavy and empty, though I didn't know why, and that I just couldn't think of anything to say to Him this morning. Right away, He reminded me of all the hunger in the world, the people fearing for their lives all over the world, people battling cancer - etc - and I heard Him say, "when you have nothing to say, speak for those who cannot speak for themselves". Right away, I bowed my head and prayed for all of these people, and the more I prayed, the more there was to pray for. There's never any reason for an empty prayer. If I can't think of something to say, there are always people to lift up to God in care and love.

Praying like that immediately lifted the shroud of sadness (wherever it came from doesn't matter) from my heart and reminded me of how blessed I truly am.

(Maya Angelou)

#191275 - 10/07/09 02:21 PM Re: Fear [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Jabber, I lived in Nova Scotia for 17 years and always have a longing to go back. It is so beautiful there, especially this time of year when the leaves are so colorful. My best friend lives there, and we'll have a good time together. I'll also be visiting another friend who's dying of Lou Gehrig's disease. Anyone who has read my book will remember Basil, a much-cherished priest friend whose gifts to me cannot possibly be encapsulated in a few short words here. Even as this terrible disease eats away at his body and abilities, Basil is a shining light of faith, radiating the Presence of God "even here" (Basil's words).

(Maya Angelou)

#191316 - 10/08/09 12:23 AM Re: Fear [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Eagle Heart, how beautiful a person you are and it doesn't surprise me in the least God spoke to you in this fashion asking you to pray for those who need prayers so much.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#192463 - 10/24/09 07:06 PM Re: Fear [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Eagle, your very presence at the table and sharing in this forum is the prayer, and I am humbled by your spiritual capacity and for what you teach.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved