The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 40 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#204034 - 05/29/10 02:03 AM Re: This is minor, but it bothered me... [Re: jabber]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Actions do really speak louder than words - yet, some words hurt.

#204724 - 06/16/10 08:12 AM Re: This is minor, but it bothered me... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
So whats new wwith the situation dear one? I was thinking about you just tonight while watching a movie about a woman who loved her horses.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#204891 - 06/21/10 03:38 AM Re: This is minor, but it bothered me... [Re: chatty lady]
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Thanks for asking Chatty. Things are going well.

We have problems here and there, it isn't "storybook", but then real life is rarely like that.

Like I said before, I know he loves me, he shows it in different ways.

Most recent example: I went to Hawaii in mid-May with some girlfriends. My old dog hasn't been doing too well, and I was afraid to leave her with her usual pet sitting arrangements. I was leaving on a Friday and he offered to keep her for me.

The plan was for me to drive 3 hours on the Thursday night prior to the trip to meet him halfway, in Alabama (and he was driving 3 hours too). He'd take the dog, I'd drive back home and leave on my trip early the next morning.

I got a call a few days before the trip saying "I know you'll protest, I don't care, I'm going to be at your house on Wednesday evening. I'm spending the night, then I'll leave on Thursday morning when you go to work. I'll take the dog, and you can have Thursday night alone to pack and get ready. You don't need to be driving for hours the night before a big trip, you need time to pack and get a good nights sleep."

He isn't a big animal person. He drove 12 hours in 2 days to save me the trouble of handing the dog off. He knows how much I love that old dog. And the 2 weeks he had her, he got up an hour early every morning to walk her. Then he let her ride to breakfast with him every day, and took her to work with him when he worked at night. The nights he didn't work, she got walked. Truthfully, I think he missed her once I got her back.

So that's the story for now. Big contrast with the other guy I was seeing, who couldn't drive to see me unless it was connected with business (but it was OK for me to drive to see him).

Funny how things evolve.

WW

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved