Hi Jabber,

Thanks for asking about Steve. He's doing a lot better, but still taking pain meds every 4 hours.

I think (hope) I posted that late Wednesday I went to Rockford, IL to St. Anthony's, the trauma 1 center he'd been ambulanced to, to pick him up.

I could have ridden in the ambulance with him, but we decided not to, for a number of very sensible reasons.

He was released to go home after his red blood counts had stabilized so the doctors knew he was no longer bleeding internally.

His exterior bruises are healing nicely, but he still has a damaged kidney and a broken rib. Nothing that can be done for either except give time to heal and pain meds.

Each day since he got home is a little better, a little more close to normal. But he says he’s not up to leaving the house yet, except to go to the doctors, but right now he is working at his desk, and watching the Cardinals game while he texts with his brother in California.

He needs assistance to get up from anywhere, but he can now sit down at the dining table and his desk by himself. Baby steps, but we celebrate them.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com