The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#34106 - 04/26/06 05:11 AM Re: Anxiety Clinic
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Well, Chatty, this has opened my eyes to many things. Firstly, you should be congratulated for enduring this problem. And second, you have found ways to circumvent it. And it seems more people are homebound for reasons we can never imagine. Which leads me to a previous remark of mine, that we never know what lies on the other side of a comment - be it sorrow or pain - so judgement is not warranted on such a site as this, we have no way of knowing....I, for one, never knew of this pain of yours, and I am now sorrowful for it. I just wish you didn't have it. But sadly, it's not mine to fix - I just wish you the very best of your ability to manage your problem, and I think you already do!!! Wishing you the very best, Search.

#34107 - 04/26/06 09:54 PM Re: Anxiety Clinic
mammajude Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
I also have anxiety but I'm taking a low dose of Celexa at night and I don't get the attacks anymore. Thank God. Its no fun having those! Plus I have to deal with my husband having Bipolar Disorder.
Things are going pretty good now except he still is NOT working.. BIG BUMMER!!! He is looking though which is good. God will bring him to the right job. Just hope its SOON. God Bless you all..

#34108 - 05/01/06 08:42 PM Re: Anxiety Clinic
icequeen Offline

Loc: Toronto
Hello,
I also suffer from IBS, and anxiety/panic. After reading the entries here, I know feel like I am not alone. Years ago I couldn't even leave my house....but I have gotten better. I was really sick this winter with some virus and it brought on my panic again really bad. I kept going to doctors and I was in a bad state. They gave me the wrong medications. I ended up in the hospital and after hours there with my family the doctor gave me pills that didn't work.
I finally called my mother crying and hysterical and she told me to go back to my doctor. We went back. Finally, crying and explaining everything she suggested I take some anti-depressant medication. I also had to take some tranquillizers just so my husband could go to work and my son to school. Mornings were the worst. I don't take the tranquillizers now, but I still take the other medication. I have to go back to the doctor in a month and hopefully I will be able to go off the medication...she is hopeful. Then last week my son was suspended for taking mineral oil from the music room and him and another boy poured it everywhere....so that didn't help my situation. However, I am coping with it....It just seems like it has been hell the last few weeks. I just wish the doctors could treat this properly and perhaps find the root of anxiety/panic so that we don't have to suffer from fear all the time.
Sincerely,

#34109 - 05/01/06 09:51 PM Re: Anxiety Clinic
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Anxiety is such a confusing illness, and I have to call it an illness because no amount of honest trying or wishful thinking seems to be able to get rid of it. I'm forcing myself to get out. I went for lunch with a friend last week and it was both a wonderful and scary event. And it drained me. But I'm adament about trying this "mind over matter" attitude and took myself out shopping for a bathing suit on Friday (didn't find one but had an enjoyable time) and again this morning for sandals (found some and am wearing them right now). I survived and even enjoyed all three ventures out, so maybe that will make going out easier from now on.

The anxiety is still there, I've just somehow rebelled against it. Maybe I was spurred on by the idea of having to give a lot of money to someone else who would just tell me what I already know (the anxiety clinic wrote back a rather confusing response, but the one thing that wasn't confusing was the price!) Frankly, I'd rather spend that money on other things, like good sandals or a luxurious leather reclining couch when we renovate our living room next month!

Anyway, it's a hellish illness, which is confusing for both the sufferer and everyone else. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Amber!

#34110 - 05/01/06 10:21 PM Re: Anxiety Clinic
Val Offline

Loc: Pa.
Hi all. Newbie here. I also have anxiety and occasional depression. It became worse when I started experiencing menopausal symptoms a couple years ago. I am now on compounded natural hormones and they help tremendously. I also am now going to counseling which is long overdue to work out some "baggage" that I had put in the back of the closet and I am commited to working through. I also work from home for some of the same reasons some of you have expressed including some ongoing health issues. Anyway I have decided to "dip my toes" in the forum finally and just wanted to say HI.

#34111 - 05/02/06 12:52 AM Re: Anxiety Clinic
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Hi Val,
You have come to the right place...this forum is filled with loving, caring women...why don't you post in the Welcome thread and tell us more about yourself...so glad to hear you are using counseling to work through your baggage...sounds like you are on the right track..enjoy "dipping your toes" here...i hope you decide to stay... [Smile]

#34112 - 05/02/06 06:17 AM Re: Anxiety Clinic
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
First we dip, then we wade and before we know it Val we are up to our necks in the warm inviting soothing waters of Boomer womens love. This is definitely the right place and "hi" right back to you!

#34113 - 05/02/06 09:54 PM Re: Anxiety Clinic
Mother Mystic Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I am so glad I found this forum. I thought I was alone in my misery. My anxiety started going over the top with my last pregnancy 14 yrs ago. I've been thru some pretty traumatic experiences and it doesn't take much to flood me with memories that rev the anxiety to unbearable levels. Not using the phone, unable to leave the house, yes those are all things I battle. I've tried antidepressants, the last one, Effexor, gave me hallucinations and insomnia. My doctor has me on a small dose of Valium now, it helps but doesn't make it go away. May is a difficult month for me and last week was one looooooong anxiety attack. This week I'm better but still not out of the woods. I've been seeing a therapist for 3 yrs now but I just wish there was a cure or magic bullit that would make it go away. I worked hard to achieve a college education and here I sit at age 51 unable to get a job to support myself. Thank heavens for my husband, if it wasn't for his support I'd probably be a homeless bag lady or worse. This should be a very productive time of my life and I'm crippled mentally by my anxiety and physically by my spinal problems. Not looking forward to getting any older, let me tell ya!

But I'm so glad I found you all, it is so comforting to know I'm not alone, that there are others on this path - that there is HOPE!

peace!
Susan

#34114 - 05/02/06 10:43 PM Re: Anxiety Clinic
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Welcome Susan, I'm glad you found us and hope you will continue to post. We are a great support group here, and you will find that many of us have had very similar problems. In fact I took an "early" retirement because stress and anxiety were ruining my life. Hang in there, we will do our best to support you.

Sherri

#34115 - 05/02/06 11:21 PM Re: Anxiety Clinic
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Welcome to BWS, Susan. This is a wonderful place for us anxiety sufferers! I hope you find refuge, support, encouragement and kindred companionship here.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved