The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 18 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#55873 - 11/22/05 04:59 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
'very low class'? Sorry, i dont buy that phrase either, it's a put down to a large number of people. When have those at the top of any heap been free from all wrong doing ?? Accusations are one thing, and when hasn't there are plenty to go around ? In any situation? Are scooter libby, trent lott, definitely guilty because they have been accused ... is the bush family guilty of something because Saudi citizenships were allowed to leave the US after 9/11 when no one else was ???? I dont have a clue, but suspicions are not proof,

#55874 - 11/22/05 05:22 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh and Norma how do the politicians in your country behave? Seems to me thats who you should be worrying about especially since you can't vote in the United States of America....Bluebird your definition of white trash is exactly correct....but guess you had to be there/here. Oh and good old boy Kenny of Enron is called an embarrassment, an abomination and thief of the worst caliber who lined his own pockets with the blood and sweat of the common man destroying their pensions/futures. With you being from Canada and all seems to me you have no horse in his race! With Kenny, Hilary and Bill the proof of their misdeeds slapped the American citizens right in the face and the pocket books, they weren't/aren't judged by appearances they were judged and found guilty by the cold hard facts of their acts....sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. [Eek!]

#55875 - 11/22/05 06:33 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
If Hilary thought she could get more power and money in Canada, no doubt she would defect, just like she did to NYC. [Cool]

#55876 - 11/22/05 06:54 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
chatty..of course we have politicians who have committed criminal action here, .... my point happened to be that if one is found guilty in a court of law that is one thing, but if accusations are made but remain just accusations that's another thing.

So you are saying the Clintons have been in a court of law and proven guilty of crimes. Well i must admit that is news.

It so happens that i believe, along with many people inside and outside your nation, that the world had probably the finest leader possible with your former president and his team . I wont apologize for that.

If your suggesting that as long as one cant vote in a certain nation, one shouldn't be aware and appreciative of what goes on there, we obviously disagree. Actions in one nation can have long term effects on other nations. As long as nations trade with each other, go to war against
each other, or with each other what happens in one place will always be of concern to both sides. Did i knock your current government?
I dont think so.

[ November 21, 2005, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: norma ]

#55877 - 11/22/05 12:45 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
chatty said, "You've all heard of the woman behind the man well look no further it was Hilary and she called the shots and this came from someone very close to the Bundys, oops meant the Clintons...she's bad news no mmatter how they try to convince us different...Just say "NO" when she runs for office or live to regret it...."

i'm with you, here, chatty...i think i'd rather have all my teeth pulled without novacaine than go through another 4 years or 4 minutes of a clinton white house. bill and hilary were an embarassment to us all.

[ November 22, 2005, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: flipperjo ]

#55878 - 11/22/05 06:31 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Other nations like the clintons because he didn't take a stand on anything and told people what they wanted to hear. As he was having a good time in the oval office, trouble was brewing that he could've possibly stopped.

#55879 - 11/22/05 06:57 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
ladybug Offline

Norma, I apologize and I must admit I'm really embarassed at how the fisticuffs flew on this subject. It's what sometimes happens when someone has a totally different opinion here.

To our valued Canadian neighbor, please don't let this dissuade you from posting here again.

[ November 22, 2005, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#55880 - 11/22/05 07:05 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I have been gone for a while recouperating from surgery. Am not sure I am ready to comment about all of this discussion.

I am surprised at the way we as women are tearing apart another woman, who stood by her man, and even though we might disagree with her politics, it is very unseemly to say things that have not been proven.

You all know I am a "liberal" and fully think the Clinton Administration was one of the highest caliber when dealing with America's problems. It was a time of unparalleled success for America. I can show you the facts.

Now, I was not happy either about Clinton's problems with ML, but again, what the man did in his personal life is of no concern of mine, just his and his wife's. He ran our country very well and made America a good place to live. Again, I can give you the facts.

As for Hilary for President. I am not sure if I'd want her, but am definitely sure I would not ever vote for Condi. She has sat up there with the rest of those in the administration telling the American people lies. So she is a definite no for me. I would love it for a woman to be president, but I don't think we have any ready yet. That pains me to say that because I truely believe that women can run things better than men. I think all of us would agree on that fact. Women are capable of feeling, caring, working on more than one thing at a time.

So, no matter what your politics are, I am surprised at the oneryness I saw in some posts. Discussion is one thing, calling others out about how they feel, whether they are citizens of the US or not is not very nice.

I value this board and thought the idea was for good, honest, open discussion with the idea that on many topics you must be able to agree to disagree on a topic.

Just my two cents worth for now.

Glad to be back,
Sandpiper

#55881 - 11/22/05 07:26 PM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
ladybug Offline

Thank you Sandpiper!

#55882 - 11/23/05 08:00 AM Re: Would you vote for Hillary?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Can I add my two cents? What we saw Hillary do as far as forgiving Bill for the BJ's in the White House, was exactly what abused women do. They don't see a way out, the public (friends) is watching, and how in the world could she divorce the President of the U.S.? It couldn't happen. The woman did what she had to do but it doesn't necessarily mean she really forgave him.

I think she is one of the most intelligent women out there but I don't like her or trust her. I would never vote for her.

And how did I miss that she wore great shoes? Me!

She has lived a lot of years going through trials that could never remain private and she always did handle them with dignity. That's about all the credit I can give her.

Page 7 of 18 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved