The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#60927 - 12/12/05 11:13 PM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
Anonymous
Unregistered

Eagle,

I have lived in Colorado Springs and often visited Aspen and Vail, love those hiking trails! Ran into Kathy Lee (Gifford) at the Wal-Mart (she would not talk to anyone and had her kids w/ her) and drove by her home (I knew the guard) -- however, she is not very well liked in that community, as she is rude and would redoracate a different room every 3 and was never satisfied! Hmmmm, maybe thats why hubby cheated!

Oh, Garden of the Gods has great trails, too!

#60928 - 12/12/05 11:21 PM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Eagle..no truer words were ever spoken...we need more kindness in this world...less meanness...i think your little GD learned a valuable lesson that will get her thru many a tough situation in the years to come...she is lucky to have such a sweet Grandmother...

BlueBird...I am so happy knowing you live in a peaceful place...I wish that for all of my Boomer sisters... [Smile]

#60929 - 12/13/05 02:07 AM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
Christmas has become an insane materialistic mania. I avoid it all. This year I'm giving simple gifts I've made (fiber arts), plus some books and a a toy each to my twin grandsons (age 3). I'm not a Scrooge at all, but the masses seem to have become like an unstoppable herd of sheep, following the insanity, which grows earlier and bigger every year. It's clearly driven by commerce, not the spirit or meaning of the season.
Peaceful thoughts,
ARI

#60930 - 12/13/05 07:01 AM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
You said it Ariadne54,
It has become insane , this time at the post off was not so bad . I went to another one down the road . I had to wait in the post office and talked to a few people . Put my postage on my card and took off down the busy road . Where is the Spirt of Christams anymore ? Where did it go ?

The main road here are so busy these days and wonder where everone is going in such a hurry . I end up taking the back roads to get where I am going safely .

[ December 12, 2005, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

#60931 - 12/13/05 07:37 AM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Bluebird, when can we move in? Sounds wonderful.

Eagle, what a tremendous lesson you taught her. This is how kids learn best, by doing.

As far as the madness goes, I won't give into it. I try to keep spreading cheer.

#60932 - 12/13/05 09:14 PM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
So do I. So far this year, it seems to be working. I'm actually feeling less stressed than I have in years past. Might have something to do with not having hubby and mom in the hospital right now like they were last year.

Counting my blessings!

#60933 - 12/22/05 09:51 PM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
Had another fun experience today!!!

A HUGE MAMOUTH sized truck parked next to me...& I had maybe 2 inches to get into my car.
ON THE OTHER SIDE was a car.......with maybe 3 inches for me to get inside!!!!

I went back inside a store & walked around for abit....because I WOULD HAVE GONE OFF ON THE IDIOTS WHO BLOCKED ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this was with a lovely HUGE parking lot to choose from!!! I was halfway down the lot from the stores too........

BAH DOUBLE DOUBLE HUM BUG!!!!!!!!!!!

#60934 - 12/22/05 10:14 PM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Kay B
That same thing happened to me last week. I was so mad. They had plenty of room on the other side but decided to park right on top of me! No consideration for their fellow man.

#60935 - 12/22/05 11:26 PM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I think a lot of people aren't paying close attention to what their doing this time of year. I guess I prefer thinking that to the idea that so many people are simply inconsiderate because they don't care. Which is probably why I've often been accused to being overly optimistic.

#60936 - 12/23/05 01:18 AM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Jackie,

I'm with you - probably overly optimistic.

Danita

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved