The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#6405 - 04/21/05 04:25 AM Re: How Often?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Lion, at first I did not know if I was reading a paragraph from a romance novel! Gosh, how romantic! What a way to stay connected. Dian, I'm sorry you suffer from fibro and RA. I have fibromyalgia too, so I can relate to the aches and pains. Do you take Flexeril? That is a commonly prescribed muscle relaxer. That helps me when/if we decide to make sparks fly. You mean it takes a drug to get me in the mood? No, that's not what I mean. LLL

#6406 - 04/21/05 08:10 AM Re: How Often?
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
I like Lion's way! That sounds wonderful to me.

Lynn - yes, I do have Flexeril, among some other things. Apparently, the hormone thing wasn't kidding when it said a sympton is no sexual desire. The hormone replacement therapy is supposed to help that; I'm waiting............................ [Wink]

#6407 - 04/21/05 06:02 PM Re: How Often?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Here's the cycle

When you first get married it's Tri Weekly

When the kids come along it's Try Weekly

By the time they leave it's Try Weakly

chick

#6408 - 04/21/05 08:52 PM Re: How Often?
Princess Lenora Offline

Lion, I was thinking about you. I am so sorry you had to endure so much, including the death of a child. It's a god send that you and your husband have been able to find comfort in each other for so many years. Love and Light, Lynn

Chick, that is so funny!

#6409 - 04/22/05 01:22 AM Re: How Often?
newwriter Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV (for now)
Touchy subject...I understand the 'want to but can't--for whatever reason--goes.' I found out I have HPV--doctor could not tell me how long I've had it or who I contracted it from (I've been married more than once...) I had to have three PAP smears come back normal (had to have one every three months) before I could go back to the one a year schedule...HPV can cause cancer if left untreated. Left me feeling scared to have sex--the big C is very scary!!!

I wonder if men truly understand how freaky some of these things are to women. Their plumbing is so different, and doesn't have all the inherent problems of womens. Granted, they do have prostate to worry about...

#6410 - 04/22/05 01:30 AM Re: How Often?
Danita Offline

(off the subject a bit.....)

Newwriter,

Did you have any symptoms?

I had the multiple pap-smears in a row...but the Doc never gave me definition as to "what was wrong". She labeled it as "undetermined squanimous cells...blah blah blah". I found it remarkable she kept giving me medicine for what I saw as a "undiognosed" problem. ugh.

Any simularities here? I haven't been back since I came back o.k. (I know ladies - don't give me grief!)

D.

#6411 - 04/22/05 09:03 AM Re: How Often?
newwriter Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV (for now)
Danita,

Nope--no symptoms at all. Just surprise when the pap results were not normal.

Sent you a PM.

Sandy

#6412 - 04/23/05 07:38 AM Re: How Often?
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Those of you that have been following my post under grandchildren can pretty well figure that I HAVENT BEEN GETTING ANY LATELY [Eek!]

It makes a big difference when you're used to starting your day calm and refreshed but instead you're on pins and needles waiting for the "wake up call" of little bitty's "GRANDMAMA HUG" !! [Smile] (though thats an awful nice way to start the day too [Smile] )

I find that we're both a little "bitchy", not so sweet in our speech to each other, not quite so helpful to each other -- and it made me think about this post.

So no matter how tired we are when grandbaby goes home today -- I am going to find 10 minutes with NO INTERRUPTIONS to hug my hubby and tell him that HE is my life and remind him (and me) that it's him and i against the world [Smile]

#6413 - 04/22/05 11:48 PM Re: How Often?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The more of your posts I read the more I like you. I know it takes two and apparently you have found the other one..and are smart enough to know it... [Wink]

#6414 - 04/23/05 03:21 AM Re: How Often?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
My husband and I have only been married a little over a year. We have dealt with nothing compared to the traumas of Lion and her husband. But when stresses come, as they always do, it is sex that reminds us we are united against the world.
It's when we touch most profoundly. Both in body and soul we know we are not alone. It is certainly not the only way we love each other, but it is how we end a day of loving each other. We are kinder and we flirt with each other all day knowing that when night comes, we share a special time together.
We married not having been sexually intimate so we didn't know what to expect. Our love making was a gift for having put our faith in love. If either of us became unable to have sex for one reason or another, we believe our love would remain, but for now we are enjoying this wonderful and precious gift of God.
smile

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved