The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#6435 - 05/12/05 12:19 AM Re: How Often?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We have to make the most of the time the kids are out doing their own things.

The year our oldest went away to college, Ross and I found oursleves alone one night becasue our two youngest were out. We're getting all snuggly and close and there's this wrap at the door. What the heck?

It was one of our college age son's friends stopping by while he was home for the weekend. [Eek!] It was a little embarrasing. I think he knew what we were up to.

This is the same kid we almost added as a deduction on our taxes one year. The same kid who would come in our bedroom while we were under the covers and tell US stories.

It's always great to see him.

#6436 - 05/14/05 01:10 PM Re: How Often?
chichii Offline

Loc: Grande Prairie
my husband and I do not have sex that much anymore. I am not into wham bam thankyou mam sex, and he cant keep it up long enough and there is never any foreplay on his side. He is into pleasing himself only. which is not a turn on for me at all. so i use a vibrator when i'm alone. he says he cares about my feelings but his actions don't say that at all.

#6437 - 05/15/05 06:49 AM Re: How Often?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Somehow I missed this subject too.

In between, surgeries, radiation, chemo and hormone mania we are OK.

Now we have a 6 year old sleep walker who has nightmares and cries. We can find him naywhere in the house crying between 11:00 pm and 1:30am. Can happena couple of times a night so, tiredness is taking over and we are definitely not on our normal swing.

Seems like forever in between but we are grateful for each other and life in general so love runs deep in our house even if life is getting in the way of sex at the moment.

But look out when the coast is clear!

I think it is almost impossible to have sex when stress is overwhelming. Fear I can do but stress and anxiety forget it.

How about you?

Lynn

#6438 - 05/17/05 04:39 AM Re: How Often?
nikita Offline

Loc: Canada
Well, I'd say about 1 to 2 times a week. We've been married nearly 3 years. I wish it were more, but work life takes up a lot of our time.

#6439 - 05/17/05 06:39 PM Re: How Often?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chichii, is it worth trying to talk to him about it? Or isn't he a communicator?

Lynn, you've had so much going on these past couple years. However, any time you talk about your hubby it is with ultimate respect. I admire that.

Lynn, you mentioned stress. I recall a time after a car accident when stress turned to depression. I had energy for nothing during that period in time. Fortunately it was short lived and my husband was very understanding.

Nikita, did you realize work got in the way of your love life before you posted? Sometimes these revelations are life changing. Try to take more time for your spouse if that's what you wish for. [Wink]

#6440 - 05/29/05 10:46 AM Re: How Often?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Bed

Two strangers
share a bed
still share a life
but stopped looking toward the future
when the past
became too onerous to bear.
Sometimes arms inch across worn sheets
lightly brush a shoulder
once warmed by full embrace
but the strangers
never cross the line in the middle of the bed
leaving broken memories
to churn in fitful sleep.
They dream, but never of each other.

Bodies and hearts lie in a rut
indentations in the mattress
where lovers once played.

©2000 Meredith Karen Laskow
from the chapbook "Galloping Words"
$6 ppd. available from the author

#6441 - 05/30/05 07:25 AM Re: How Often?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Wow. How real and touching. There are so many wonderful writers on this site.

#6442 - 05/29/05 08:57 PM Re: How Often?
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
That says it all! The last 3 years of my first marriage.

#6443 - 05/30/05 05:16 AM Re: How Often?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Meredithbead, all I can say is WOW, and how touching and so real, your words struck a nerve in my body of truths.... [Cool]

#6444 - 05/30/05 05:37 PM Re: How Often?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Wow Meredithbead! Your work is always so powerful! You are just a wonderful poet. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved