Hi. I read Bob Dylan's Memoir "Chronicles." I was interested in his point of view of his life versus the media's point of view, and there is a definite difference. For example, Dylan says he never set out to be the "Conscience of America" because that was way too much responsiblity. He just wanted to write music and lyrics. Throughout the book, he says what was most important to him was his wife of all these years and his 5 kids, how happy he will be to be a grandfather (now he is) and how he loves gardening! I always bought into the media's message that he wrote to bring attention to social issues, which Dylan's says is true, but mostly he wrote out of observation and imagination. He calls attention to some rough spots in his career, when the insight and intuition left him high and dry. The book is stream of consciousness style, with many a bad grammar, but heck, he has an honorary doctorate, and he's Dylan, so who cares. I was surprised to see how many others recorded his songs, like Peter, Paul, & Mary. Good read. Love & Light, Lynn