The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#65424 - 07/14/05 08:55 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
Vicki, I'm not telling my daughter about your collection. She has so many bears. I don't want to give her the thought of collecting more. What makes you buy more? Do you get them when you travel? Get them as gifts? How do you display them?

I'm not sure exactly how I started collecting them. People started buying them for me. My kids would get them for me as gifts. Then before I knew it, I was a teddy bear collector. I started buying collector bears and one day I counted them. Whew! I have a lot of bears. I haven't bought one in a long time. My collection has grown past its boundaries. I have no more room to put a bear!

Speaking of television. One of the shows I wouldn't miss was the Sonny & Cher show. For comedy, I loved to watch the Carol Burnett Show.

[ July 14, 2005, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Vicki M. Taylor ]

#65425 - 07/15/05 12:20 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Hi all, I had forgotten about pop beads. Loved them. My twin and I were the last to get any because we were the babies of the family.

Talk about our dolls. Sure brings memories. Twin and I had, at one time, twin dolls, bridesmaid dolls that were dressed in pink lace and they had teardrop earrings and high heeled shoes. We also had these huge baby dolls that were called "Linda" dolls. Mine had a yellow coat and hat with a blue print dress, hers had pink hat and coat with darker pink print dress. From what we are told, for our first christmas, we got these little rubber dolls called "so-wee" dolls. We had them up till about ten years ago when we forgot they were in some boxes that got put in the garage during the summer heat and melted to each other.

I remember one year our parents decided to see just how many dolls we four girls had. We gathered them together and took a picture of our dolls. We had 54 in all.

What about "storybook" dolls? Does anyone remember them. I had maybe two of them. They were so cool.

I also loved Howdy Doody and the gang. I think everyone wanted to be in the peanut gallery. We couldn't wait for it to come on TV. My hubby is from Arkansas and when I first mentioned it to him years ago he was clueless as to who or what a Howdy Doody was. I guess their TV channel line up didn't carry the show. Poor him.

Lots of fun remembering with you all. Great fun!
Sandpiper

#65426 - 08/02/05 07:21 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Terri Offline

Loc: Cedar Key, Florida
Reading these posts sure brought back some great memories from the fifties and sixties......Made me remember my Toni doll, loved giving her perms. Also my "walking" doll, which was quite the rage in the mid-50's. And all the board games I played with my mom, along with paper dolls, those metal doll houses you've mentioned. Yup....it was a great time to be a kid. I almost feel bad for kids today....they seem consumed with the high-tech "play?" stuff but guess I'm an old-fashioned girl at heart.

#65427 - 08/02/05 07:30 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Hello Terri ,
And welcome to the boomersite. I am love the 1960's so much and I remember the Toni doll and I had a friend that gave her perms . I remember the walking doll also. Oh, Loved those paper dolls and played all day with the . Remember the Doris Day paper dolls ? and the Annie Oakley ones.? We did not watch a lot of TV in those days we played outside all day and did not come in only for lunch and dinner.
I guess I am a year older then you.

[ August 01, 2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

#65428 - 08/02/05 07:58 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Terri Offline

Loc: Cedar Key, Florida
I DO remember those particular paperdolls. And you're right...TV was minimal. Although....I also remember my favorites all these years later....My Little Margie, Father Knows Best, I Remember Mama and of course, Howdy Doodty (sp?) I really wish I could get copies of those for my grandchildren. Today's TV for children leaves a lot to be desired...just my opinion.

#65429 - 08/02/05 04:31 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Terri,
I think there is a web site that was posted on here by Chatty and you would have to check the remember thread to find it . I should put it on my favorites. I loved the show My little Margie and Father knows best I remember Mama and of of course Howday Doody show. Sunday it was the Ed Sullivan how of course .

#65430 - 08/02/05 06:46 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I had a walking doll. I remember her well. Don't remember the Toni Doll though. How'd I miss one?
Louisa

#65431 - 08/03/05 03:27 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
My grandmother gave me an old "3 faced doll". Her head was in a plastic bonnet. I cheerished her!

d.

#65432 - 08/03/05 03:28 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Danita Offline

(sounds like some women I know).

Opps, did I say that outloud?

(3 faced with their head in a plastic bonnet) lol

I had a walking doll also!

d.

#65433 - 08/03/05 03:29 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Danita Offline

(sounds like some women I know).

Opps, did I say that outloud?

(3 faced with their head in a plastic bonnet) lol

I had a walking doll also!

d.

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved