The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 65 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#71353 - 05/03/06 02:02 AM Re: I just became a step-grandma
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
PEople really are having babies at a later age these days. I think it's great. They are probably more prepared.

Happy to hear the visit went well.

#71354 - 06/09/06 01:46 AM Re: I just became a step-grandma
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
So Di how are you and baby Grace doing after a month? Have you seen her again?

#71355 - 06/14/06 01:47 AM Re: I just became a step-grandma
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
No, we have not seen Grace or her Mom/Dad since our visit in April. Her mother was there for three weeks so not sure when our next trek will be.

To be honest, I just do have have the "draw" that a real/blood grandmother does. Since she's not "mine" I just don't feel it. No pics in my purse (nor does DH have any!) WE get them via computer and we don't print them out...just archive them.

My life is way too busy to be worrying about a baby who is really not mine. If DH predeceases me, they will all be gone from my life,I'm sure. It's a 'given' in stepfamilies.

Oh well,a baby is just another person to me...sorry to sound so gloomy. But it's my way of handling being childless,not by choice.

#71356 - 06/14/06 02:26 AM Re: I just became a step-grandma
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Di,
I'm from the old school of "It takes a Village to raise a child" All babies are gifts from God and if you love Him--then you love all that He has created. I'm a stepmother and yes, I do have some difficulty accepting my NEW GROWN CHILDREN but I also try to look at it as a way to have a positive impact on the rest of their lives. And just like TVC15 said, Babies don't know what a "step" grandma is...they just know how to LOVE YOU!

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly
www.talk2bev.
author, A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved