I just went back to this thread was happy to see it was still ongoing. the update. Its not better. The step children (a.k.a.paris hilton 1 & 11)are worse than ever and their father is just a wuss. Double standards galore. I got repremanded because we went out to dinner with them and my daughter. They whined because I spent the evening talking to my daughter claiming I ignored them. Same thing happened at a family function. I talked to the cousins not them. Is it me? What is the deal? I told my boyfriend that I am not their friend and that i have been to many occasions with my own kids that I don't talk much to them. I never had to think so much about stuff like this. Its nuts. Since, I have told him that as long as he treats them like they are princess's, his friends, not have the same expections that we have for my kids and put up with the bad behavior, nothing will change between us. I know he is in a tough position. They are now 20 & almost 23, living with their very wealthy mother's influence and checkbook. At this point its not them, its him. Any new ideas?