The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#77199 - 02/11/06 04:45 AM Re: Something old, something new....
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I feel sad to think back on my wedding day. I was 21 years old and almost 6 months pregnant.
I had broken my ankle the month before and was still on crutches. My MIL and SIL went out and bought my dress - a loose fitting gauzy thing, that cost about $ 30. We went to the justice of the peace and our parents were our witnesses. No fuss, no romance, no planning, no dance with my dad (he had emphysema so he couldn't have handled it anyway...). So, though I've been married for 25 years, I've never really been a bride.

#77200 - 02/11/06 04:58 AM Re: Something old, something new....
ladybug Offline

Bluebird, that's a hard one to reply to because I hardly know you but I do know you're a very loving lady and I wish it could've been different for you, but just think of all those beautiful children you brought into this world because of that very day. They are the source of your light and love.

#77201 - 02/11/06 05:28 AM Re: Something old, something new....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Bluebird I know your day didn't seem special to you and even though mine was a fairy tale adventure for me I'd trade all that I had then for a guaze gown and my husband still by my side today. I don't mean to lessen your not so festive experience but you can't snuggle up to memory and a memory can't hold you close or wipe away your tears nor can a memory be there for your babies first step or his first day of school or any of the firsts....I am 65 years old and my life all but ended when I was 21....

Ladybug I felt beautiful and wasn't nervous at all but I was really excited to finally marry the man I adored for so long. I felt so lucky and blessed.

#77202 - 02/11/06 11:26 AM Re: Something old, something new....
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Bluebird, just think of all the wonderful memories you have made since that day. That 'something growing' and the others that grew inside you are making wonderful memories for you every day.

Chatty, I think sometimes memories can dry your tears. When the tears come, move in your mind back to some time in your memory, perhaps your wedding, and let the memory dry the tears away. And when you are cold and alone memories will keep your heart warm.

Memories are so powerful. My most adventurous daughter says it's very important to make as many wonderful memories as possible to keep us company in the bad times.

smile

#77203 - 02/11/06 11:43 AM Re: Something old, something new....
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
bluebird, the wedding may be over but it's never too late for a honeymoon!

we had a church wedding although not without problems. baptist/catholic - was a real effort trying to please both churches. finally got married in a lutheran church. anyway, that's all for that book i'll write someday when my inlaws are dead!

we didn't have a honeymoon after the wedding. we spent the day after visiting dh's relatives because his grandpa had strokes shortly before the wedding and couldn't travel so we went to them.

we had our honeymoon trip for our 25th anniversary. drove to the canadian rocky's and spent a few nights at the banff springs hotel, coming home through waterton and glacier parks. it was a beautiful trip, one we could never have paid for 25 years before.

#77204 - 02/12/06 08:37 AM Re: Something old, something new....
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I know you're all right and until recently, it never even bothered me that I didn't have a "normal" wedding. I guess I was feeling a little melancholy. Someday, maybe I'll want to renew those vows and do something a little fancier. But for now, I go on like my brother, forging the marriage, getting a little cut, but completing the work of art (see the topic about imperfect valentine)

#77205 - 02/12/06 04:29 AM Re: Something old, something new....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The blue stone is a diamond with a icey blue tint to it and his had a canary yellow diamond in the band. His brother was a jeweler and he was able to get us some really unique rings.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved