The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#81443 - 11/19/06 10:04 PM Re: Empty nest & Mom's death [Re: nevadaangel]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
It's something you buy and sit at your computer. I'll ask my kids and get back to you.

My son has a Mac and I know he can set it so that others can see him. He's given friends tours of his apartment at school by walking around his apartment with his computer. Isn't that wild?

#81444 - 12/23/06 05:18 AM Re: Empty nest & Mom's death [Re: nevadaangel]
aunty Offline

How are you doing now? I know it has been quite a while since you first posted.
My mom died on Nov 24 and my younger daughter moved out in Sept. She moved to the Midwest. Luckily she decided to come home for thanksgiving. She and mom were close. She got to visit before mom died. I really miss both of them.
I text message my daughters a lot. It works great. I don't have to have my computer with me when I feel like telling her something, and she can look at it when she has a moment. One daughter only lives a few hours away so I get to see her regularly and my younger daughter will be back next winter.
My mom always said "this too shall pass" whenever she had a problem with a child to deal with. I try to keep that in mind when I am feeling sorry for myself. I don't know if my husband misses our daughters as much as I do, he doesn't mention it much.

#81445 - 12/23/06 02:27 PM Re: Empty nest & Mom's death [Re: aunty]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
aunty,don't you just love getting text messages from your kids. SInce I just learned to text a few months ago, I get so tickled when they text me. It always makes me smile! How old are your children?

I am sorry to hear about your mom's death? How is the mourning process going? I lost my mom five years ago. Tiem definitely helps but I still find myself missing her at Christmas. So much of what I do is because of what she did around the holidays so I think of her often.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved