Anne, it's par for the course, isn't it? We're divided against one another, by gender, age, race, religion, and on and on it goes. Someday human beings will finally 'get it', and realize the only way to make real human progress, is by standing united.

My eldest daughter is employed at a company involved in an area long a bastion of males only, especially in management positions. She has recently been given a division managership for this company. She has apprised me of the less than 100% support she received, on her way to this position, from a great many men. As leader of a team of employees, all men, she found them at first unwilling to, as she put it, 'follow instructions'. She called her heads of departments into her office, and let them know, she was there to succeed at her job, and if they weren't there to succeed at theirs, they would be replaced. After that meeting, she had no more problems. As she put it to me, 'I was not about to be bullied, in any way, by anyone'. She also said she found it so hard to understand why, when she's able, and capable, she had to put up with anti-female attitudes.

Edited by Jeannine (11/06/06 04:08 PM)

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer