I'm not ignoring this thread. Just returned from NYC.

Mustang, you should read Lynnie's book. It will help you a lot and is very good.

It's difficult to walk away from your daughter because you don't want to watch her continue to lead her life angry. You want the best for your children. Her molester was a family member and she doesn't want to hate him. She still has a relationship with him and his family. She wants to forgive and forget. But, the pain is still there for her and she has blocked a lot of it out. I confronted the abuser and it was a very ugly confrontation at that. She doesn't believe in dragging the past behind. But, it is still being drug behind her whether she believes it or not. She was a happy go lucky little girl. I believe the abuse began when she was six or seven. I have great difficulty even thinking about it because it makes me sick to my stomach.

I spoke with her therapist after a suicide attempt. She said she didn't want to die but just didn't want to wake up. She was having anxiety attacks at that time too. Her counselor said that my daughter refused to delve into the abuse. She did help her with her poor body image tho.

Sometimes, I just want to scream and cry at the same time.

Boomer Queen of Shoes