The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#176193 - 03/03/09 03:37 PM drug war in Mexico
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone following this? It's very frightening. It reminds of the 80s when a friend visited Cancun and there were police with guns walking the shore.

My son is there filming a documentary. He told me he's way far away from all the riots, but it's still crazy. I'm hoping the kids stay away on spring break. There are lots of other places to go and be in the sun for a week.

Edited by Dotsie (03/03/09 06:26 PM)

#176207 - 03/03/09 04:43 PM Re: drug war in Mexico [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Dotsie, we LIVE next to it. They are advising the college students to NOT go to MX, where they usually do go on weekends. There's a HUGE traffic fatality rate for teens here with drunk driving/speeding. It's sad. Drugs have been a problem here for a long, long time. I won't go into it here, but trust me. For YEARS!

#176208 - 03/03/09 05:16 PM Re: drug war in Mexico [Re: Di]
Ellemm Offline

I think the whole spring break thing is gross and frightening even without adding in drug wars. These kids seem to be drunk or drugged out of their minds. It's not surprising that bad things happen and that some of them either won't come home or will come home traumatized. (And where do they get the money for all this partying?)

I would think that going to Mexico at this time would be borrowing trouble, but I'm sure a lot of kids either won't care or will think it's thrilling. I really don't feel all that sorry for them; they choose to go and get wild and crazy.

#176238 - 03/03/09 10:50 PM Re: drug war in Mexico [Re: Ellemm]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ellemn many go dutch and others are spoiled rich brats that have parents who pay.

Our govenrment along with Mexicos are warning college girls especially to stay away because the drug cartels kidnap young white women and give or sell them to the higher ups in their food chain. Usually using them for prostitution.

One niniteen year old girl went missing recently while on a shopping trip to Mexico, it was on the Nancy Grace show. She apparently called her father and said she was crossing the border in about half an hour and would be home at such and such a time. She never returned home. Later they found her car abandoned. They said many of the Mexican Policia are corrupt and part of these kidnappings.

Whats with these clueless kids having to leave the safety of the United States of America. There are plenty of gorgeois places right here to see.

Its up to the parents to PUT THEIR FOOT DOWN on the kids leaving this country.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#177101 - 03/14/09 08:21 PM Re: drug war in Mexico [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
All I know about it, is what I hear on O'Reilly's Factor, The No Spin Zone. But it sounds extremely scary. Back in the early
1990s I worked with a lady who took cruises and traveled via
Mexico. She was told way back then to be very careful because
Americans were being kidnapped even at that time. I agree with
you about parents making their children stay in the States to
vacation. But it seems young people have no fear about anything.

Edited by jabber (03/15/09 02:34 PM)

#177154 - 03/15/09 02:47 PM Re: drug war in Mexico [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I think I read one time where John Cash and June Carter were
attacked and tormented while vacationing in Mexico. Both of them
seem to go down hill physically after that incident. I've never
been to Mexico but they say it is beautiful.

#177215 - 03/16/09 12:03 AM Re: drug war in Mexico [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Huckabee has a segment on the drug wars in Mexico tonight.

#177216 - 03/16/09 12:06 AM Re: drug war in Mexico [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I like Huckabee...He'd have made a better choice for the Republican candidate than Mc Cain.

#177715 - 03/20/09 11:50 PM Re: drug war in Mexico [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Lets hope these drug wars stay in Mexico... They needn't bring their dirty garbage here, we already have enough of our own.

#178995 - 04/02/09 04:58 AM Re: drug war in Mexico [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
It is truly scary how this is spilling onto American soil...and that there's already Mexican cartel in every major city in the US...this country's demand for drugs is fueling what's happening...this will never stop...I feel it will only get worse. Our nation changed on 9-11. There is no safe place anymore in the U.S.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved