The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#15678 - 04/29/06 06:36 PM Realizing that your life will never be the same again...
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I know most of us have been through something in our lives...that has changed the course of our life forever.

These life changing events can be deaths, or births, or accidents, or health issues, or relationship issues.

The other day, I just had that realization...

That my life will never be the same again.

It is a very sobering thought.

My friends tell me that my life is going to be better (how do THEY know, do they have a magic ball? LOL)....

I'm at the point now - where I'm just moving forward with what lays ahead for me. Just trusting God to bless my life...AND make it better then ever.

I'm still not sharing specifics - it is family issues for me...but it remains a mountain that I am climbing blindly - believing I will make it to the top with grace, joy, strength, and a new perspective on life.

I HAVE gathered strength from many of you who have climbed mountains and made it to the top! Thank you for sharing your lives! It is just precious. I look forward to the day, where my story will bless, uplift, and give hope to another struggling women.

hugs to y'all!

danita

#15679 - 04/30/06 07:27 AM Re: Realizing that your life will never be the same again...
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Whatever it is you're dealing with, Danita, we are here for you ALL the way. We'll go down into the "pit" with you and we'll help you climb to the mountain top. Every issus has it's ups and downs, like a roller coaster, and if you want to put your arms up and scream, we'll do that, too!
And I know your story will bless, uplift and give hope to many struggling women. You're a beauty and an inspiration and I am glad you're walking this earth with us...
((HUGS))

#15680 - 04/29/06 08:01 PM Re: Realizing that your life will never be the same again...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, I have no doubt that God has something magnificent in store for you. It sounds so ridiculous, but stay focused on Him every single day and He will bless you beyond measure. Look for the blessings, all the teeny-tiny ones.

Feel the crappiness of the situation. Don't deny it. Don't run from it. But know you aren't alone!

Before you know it, the cloud will begin to move. You will breathe easier. Your spirit will be lighter. You will laugh more. YOu will feel like exercising. YOu will want to take care of yourself for the sake of others. You will recognize why you had to go through this, then you will bless others with your story. I know you girl, and you will.

But for now you are in the valley with other women and the good shepherd leading you towards the mountain top again. Use the shepherd's staff. That's what it's there for!

#15681 - 04/29/06 08:45 PM Re: Realizing that your life will never be the same again...
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Sometimes all you can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other and hope that it's going to lead you somewhere better than the last footstep forward!

Danita, I don't know your specifics, but I know about how loss can change your life forever, whether it be an actual death, or a dying relationship. The pain threatens to excruciate us into despair, but we can't let ourselves go there, because it's a much longer journey out than it is in.

One foot in front of the other. Hold on for dear life to the hands that will help you through the darker patches, and the love that will love you back to life.

What's so miraculous to me is that both the helping hands and the healing love come from the most surprising places and faces.

#15682 - 04/30/06 03:43 AM Re: Realizing that your life will never be the same again...
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thanks ladies!

I'm 8 weeks into this - and am doing pretty well. It's just those "realizations" that hit me from time to time.

I've felt like I'm on a high wire - and that my safety net has been ripped away. So, I'm working on my relationship with God - to put him in HIS rightful place as my safety net.

Amazing women such as You all have been a huge blessing to me. Just knowing that friends care! One friend calls me at LEAST twice a week just to check in. That means so much!

I would love others to share their moments when they thought there life would never be the same again - and how they ended up feeling in the end.

thankful hugs for the women of bws,
danita

#15683 - 04/30/06 04:41 AM Re: Realizing that your life will never be the same again...
almostangel Offline

Loc: Kansas City
When my son was 2 years old my husband and I found out that I was expecting. We were thrilled! We wanted at least two children and it didn't matter to me what sex they were. The pregnancy progressed normally until my 7th month. I started to hemorrhage at work. I was rushed to the hospital where the doctors told my husband and I that they were afraid I may not make it if they did not deliver the baby. My baby girl did not survive. I was devastated. At that point I must admit that my faith was shaken. I could not understand why God had let this happen. Was I being tested? The answer came to me later. That answer was a resounding NO. God loved me and gave his son to die for me! When I was finally released from the hospital, my 2 year old son gave me a big hug and said " sowwy mommy " that little boy knew I was hurting and gave me just what I needed. The way that I was able to accept what had happened is a bit unorthodox but I will share it with you. I believe that the soul of my little girl changed her mind about being born at that time. I think about how hard it must be for a soul to leave heaven where they are in Gods presence to be born into a world they are unsure of. For that reason, I was able to understand.

#15684 - 04/30/06 04:51 AM Re: Realizing that your life will never be the same again...
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Danita:
[QB]
The other day, I just had that realization...
That my life will never be the same again.

Personally - for me Danita - THANK GOODNESS !! my life will never be the same again.

Every new day brings the opportunity for happiness -- a new adventure -- a chance to walk away from the situations that caused us pain ---

Yesterday's are blueprints for tomorrow -- they map our way with stop signs and brick walls to keep us from repeating our mistakes and failures and bring people into our lives that will make a true difference. Like the ladies in this forum !!

So perhaps your friends are correct when they tell you it will be better --

and perhaps it's really all up to you [Wink]

#15685 - 04/30/06 04:54 AM Re: Realizing that your life will never be the same again...
almostangel Offline

Loc: Kansas City
Amen lion.

#15686 - 04/30/06 08:09 PM Re: Realizing that your life will never be the same again...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, I have lots and will share one a day. HA!

We suffered through four years of undiagnosed infertility, had every procedure available in the 80s including husband insemination...thought it worked, it didn't, my period was just late.

We threw in the towel. Said, "if we're meant to have a baby, we will." We chose to file for adoption. Adopted two of the best kids on the face of this earth. I got pregnant while waiting for the second to arrive. Our youngest two are ten months apart. We have two kids adopted from Korea and one biological child and couldn't imagine life any differently. We LOVE our family, warts and all.

But let me tell you...that valley before the monutain top experience was hell on earth. I'll never forget the mental anguish we endured...but all for such good reason. God had something different in store for us and I cry now when I think of how I doubted Him. Friends and families were popping out babies left and right. If I went to one baby shower, I went to one hundred...and never with the hope of having one baby, let alone three!

Hang in there. I can't wait to hear your story in six months.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved