The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 227 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#15644 - 04/06/06 06:26 PM carrying on tradition
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My MIL always gave us an Easter Lily. The lily scent reminds me of her. SInce she passed away this summer, I am going to give my BIL and SIL an Easter lily in her memory. I'm buying one for us too so we can think of her during the Easter season.

My mom loved the yellow peep candies. I found these precious little stuffed peeps that reminded me of her so I bought all the store had (I still need to find more) to give to her 13 grandchildren this Easter. Then maybe they will sit them our every Easter and think of Mom-Mom.

What do you do to honor your loved ones during holidays now that they are no longer with you?

#15645 - 04/08/06 05:11 AM Re: carrying on tradition
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I think giving Lily's is a wonderful idea Dotsie -

It's important to keep traditions going on -- we lose enough things in our lifetime - traditions shouldn't be one of them!

#15646 - 04/08/06 04:09 PM Re: carrying on tradition
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
lion, do you do anything in particular for Robert throughout the year? Maybe you could do a butterfly release on his birthday. I don't know where you get the butterflies, but it's a cool idea.

#15647 - 04/08/06 08:09 PM Re: carrying on tradition
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Lion,
I think butterflies have a short lifespan so it might be difficult to find them for releasing. If you can't find them, you might consider planting some of the flowers that attract butterflies near Robert's grave. I have seen ads with those kinds of plants for butterfly gardens.

Our way of honoring my Dad's life is to get together as a family. We don't talk about him being gone. We just eat a lot and tell funny stories about him.

Laughing and eating were two of Dad's favorite things. Mom goes to the cemetery with flowers, but the rest of us can't seem to even imagine Daddy being there.

smile

[ April 08, 2006, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#15648 - 04/08/06 08:58 PM Re: carrying on tradition
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Here's a site for butterfly release, kinda' pricey , but maybe not for what they do -

http://www.thebutterflysite.com/livesuppliers.shtml

I think I want to do this next year for Nichole..

Thanks for the idea Dotsie, if it's not for Lionspaaw, then for me!

#15649 - 04/08/06 09:50 PM Re: carrying on tradition
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Wow! What a great site searcher. I had no idea.

Isn't the internet amazing.

smile

#15650 - 04/08/06 11:10 PM Re: carrying on tradition
Searcher Offline

I know! you can just sit there and let your fingers do the walking AND talking ! Plus, customer service is great !!! [Big Grin]

#15651 - 04/09/06 04:09 AM Re: carrying on tradition
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have always equated butterflys with flowers anyhow so this is just super...

#15652 - 04/09/06 07:13 AM Re: carrying on tradition
Searcher Offline

And I understand that butterflies (apart from being a symbol of change and rebirth) are a barometer of the earth's health. The more habitat that we arrange for them, the better off we'll all be! So plant butterfly bushes and such.

Search

#15653 - 04/28/06 09:08 AM Re: carrying on tradition
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I love this butterfly idea Searcher...I have butterfly bushes all over my back yard...they are so graceful and invoke such peaceful feelings watching them flutter about the garden...

My kids and I chipped in and bought a commemorative bench to be placed on the Boardwalk in our little Beachtown in New Jersey...my parents always loved vacationing with my kids every summer in this town...and my mother made me promise her that I wouldn't go to the cemetary to "visit her" after she died...so when we saw the offer to have Memory Benches placed on the Boardwalk in honor of our Loved ones I jumped at the chance....it's going to be unveiled on Mother's Day...now I can sit with my Mom in her favorite place on earth and remember the good times we shared...I know she would love this idea...I still miss her so much!!! Daddy too..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved