The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 100 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#122539 - 07/02/07 10:28 PM The Greatest Generation
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mom was a member of the Greatest Generation and one of nine children. Until Saturday, there were only two of her siblings remaining on this earth. My uncle died Saturday so that means there is only one sibling left. I can't imagine being the lonely sibling left on this earth without all those brothers and sisters. My heart aches for my remaining aunt.

Are any of you already the only sibling left? If so, I am so sorry for your loss/losses.

#122540 - 07/03/07 07:30 AM Re: The Greatest Generation
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Dotsie, I am so sorry for the loss of your Uncle. It's an odd feeling to
outlive your siblings.

My dad came from a family of 12 kids; in the past 3 years, 3 of the
older ones have passed on. They were the ones who quit school early
to help my grandparents raise the younger ones and also help on the
farms.

Big ((((Hugs)))) to your family!

Cindy

#122541 - 07/03/07 05:07 PM Re: The Greatest Generation [Re: diamond50]
Mountain Ash Offline

Dotsie
thinking of the family life your Mother must have shared.Like the Waltons ?...all helping each other.
Appreciate the fact your aunt must feel bitter sweet thoughts.
Wonder how we will all cope ?
Mountain ash

#122542 - 07/03/07 05:17 PM Re: The Greatest Generation [Re: Mountain Ash]
WhatStopsYou Offline
stranger

Dotsie -

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your uncle. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Darlene
Best Selling Author Darlene Braden; My gift to you: 365 Weght Loss, Daily Email Tips for success, http://www.whatstopsyou.com/365tips.html and Body Assessment e-Book http://www.whatstopsyou.com/balanced-body.html

#122543 - 07/03/07 07:32 PM Re: The Greatest Generation [Re: WhatStopsYou]
Cynthy Offline

Loc: California
Dotsie, sorry to hear of your uncle's passing. Your post struck a nerve w. me. While I am one of 3 surviving siblings, we're all getting up there and I sometimes think of how I will deal when my older sister and brother are gone. I am literally days away from the dreaded 1 yr mark of dear husband Dave's passing. So far, so good...sort of. Blessings and thanks to you all for your caring support. Special blessings to you Dotsie, for making our virtual love connections possible.

#122544 - 07/03/07 09:48 PM Re: The Greatest Generation [Re: Cynthy]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Cynthy, have you decided on what you are going to do for the 1 year mark? Are you close to Dave's family?

Dotsie, I am sorry to hear about your uncle's passing. There is only one brother left from Mom's family and he is late 80's. They were a large family at one time.

#122545 - 07/03/07 11:00 PM Re: The Greatest Generation [Re: chickadee]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Dotsie, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My mom was the last of her sibling group and had lost touch with all her nieces and nephews. She was one of 5.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#122546 - 07/04/07 12:08 AM Re: The Greatest Generation [Re: yonuh]
Cynthy Offline

My dear little chickadee, thanks for asking. Yes, I've made plans for THE day. My sister is driving up from SF Bay area and we're going to a lovely old yellow Victorian B&B, Rose Mtn Manor, owned/operated by an old friend, she stumbled on the ad and off we'll go. English tea, scrumptious breakfast, antigues in all three rooms, we're in Bear hugs (Dave and I loved the real kind) and 25 nearby thrift stores nearby. It will be a peaceful retreat for us in s place that dear Dave and I never visited so we'll be making new memories as we quietly ponder Dave's well lived life. Thanks for thinking of me and please remember me in your prayers now, the dreaded 9th, the day and always. Blessings to you and all my Boomer Sisters without whom I would not have come this far with my sanity!

#122547 - 07/15/07 05:15 PM Re: The Greatest Generation [Re: Cynthy]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Cynthy,how did your day go? I would love to hear all about it.

#122548 - 07/17/07 04:47 AM Made it thru the dreaded 1 yr anniversary! [Re: chickadee]
Cynthy Offline

Chick et al, I made it! Whats the saying, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger...? My trip w my sister to B&B exceeded our expectations in many ways. The Rose Mountain Manor in Colfax, CA is an exquisite place. Promising to nourish, body, mind and soul, it delivered in every detail. We had wanted the "Guardian Angel" room but it was booked so we eagerly settled for the "Bear Hugs" room. When we arrived, we learned the angel room was available as local guests were unable to keep reservation, so we got the angels! God's work? It was perfect and I couldn't have asked for or designed a more perfect couple days. I lay awake at the hour Dave passed to the next life and spoke w him and softly wept but I survived and feel pretty well. I wish I could live in this B&B though, full homemade breakfast out in large gazebo, flowers everywhere and a touch of angels all around the huge, lovely, restful room. My dear sister planned a nice, quiet birthday celebration, balloons and presents(my birthday the 8th, the day before Dave passed.., I will never forget, he managed to sign my card his sister picked out for me and passed the next night...can't believe its been a year already and what special memories we made and I will have forever.

Thanks to all for allowing me to gush about my trip and grief milestone. Please keep your prayers going as ea. day is a new challenge but I am surprisingly strong, mostly....Blessings to all~

Cynthy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved