The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#196372 - 12/22/09 08:22 PM Bereavement
MustangGal
Unregistered

After losing my step-father I've realized that there are fewer Christians than I'd thought. The same coworkers of whom I've bought baby presents and Christmas, sent nothing - not a card, flower(s), or a phone call, no nothing when my step-father passed. Some of them (the lawyers) have even been so audacious as to tell me what to get them for Christmas knowing that they are doing nothing for me. I'm so insulted and hurt. This extends to friends, neighbors, and family. My paternal family in Oklahoma did not even call to offer support.

My "revenge" is to do nothing. Nothing for any of their retirement, birthdays, no nada, nothing ever. Not a card, not a call, or a good on ya from me.

I'd like to look to God for guidance. Seems everything I do wrong - I'm caught. Yet, all these other types get away with it all. I'm really frustrated and have little if any trust in humanity.

#196394 - 12/22/09 11:07 PM Re: Bereavement [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Mustang I believe you are far too hard on yourself. It is up to you whethetr you want to be ignored when you should not be by insincere people. I choose long ago to drop those kinds of people and spend my time with those who reciprocate my kindness and caring. Leave the losers and takers behind and concentrate on who and what makes you happy, you deserve it. Oh and excuse the phrase but "p-i-s-s on those lawyers," if they get nothing for you, give them exactly the same back, nothing!!! Use the money you'd have spent on them to buy something nice for yourself...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#196426 - 12/23/09 02:30 PM Re: Bereavement [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I did! I bought a new blouse 40% off from the Loft!

Also, gals now through 12/28/09 while supplies last, Coldwatercreek is a having a 50% off everything sitewide (internet only!).

#196446 - 12/23/09 05:51 PM Re: Bereavement [Re: ]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Thanks so much for the ColdwaterCreek sale tip!

I think you were so very generous for giving to family & friends during their times of crisis or celebration. It's a sin they do share your heart and generosity.

I like that you are thinking of YOU for a change. And the next time you feel like giving to someone, find an organization you trust. I give to local faith-based groups, veterans organizations, and certain relatives who need a hand UP, but who do not ask me for money.

Once again, I am sorry for your loss, and hope you will find peace during this difficult time.

#196450 - 12/23/09 06:04 PM Re: Bereavement [Re: Josie]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I'm sorry to hear this Mustang. But actually I gave up a long time ago not to expect much from employees/work-based folks for the different employers I have worked over the years. Except for earned bonuses or good-bye gift when leaving. That's it.

Hope you join an interest organization outside of work, to find new friends. Takes time....but it will be more fun.

2010 is a time of turning to a new page of your life. smile

#196475 - 12/23/09 09:18 PM Re: Bereavement [Re: ]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Thanks, I was wrong. One of the lawyers actually did give me a present - balls to be exact. Two (2) ribbed pink Nellies Dryer Balls. How 'bout that?

Edited by MustangGal (12/23/09 09:18 PM)

#196493 - 12/23/09 11:01 PM Re: Bereavement [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Good grief why not just put a lump of doo-doo in a box, that would have been about as thoughtful of him/her. You can get those dryer balls free with certain detergents. What a cheap
piece of work he/she is... It would be funny if not so sad!

#196551 - 12/26/09 08:28 PM Re: Bereavement [Re: ]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: MustangGal
Thanks, I was wrong. One of the lawyers actually did give me a present - balls to be exact. Two (2) ribbed pink Nellies Dryer Balls. How 'bout that?

I have to admit....I laughed so hard at this post.....Save the "Nellies" for NEXT year and regift it to him, saying "I'm sending these back to you, so you'll have yours back again."

#196567 - 12/27/09 01:28 PM Re: Bereavement [Re: Josie]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Me and some of the gals at worked had a good laugh, too! Actually, this particular lawyer is a female, one in which we are certain does have male parts! This is the one I've spoke of b/4 with an alcohol problem. She's at least an hour late to work every day and the excuses would be a book, or two.

#196609 - 12/28/09 12:50 AM Re: Bereavement [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I agree with Josie on this one, save and regift those Nellies...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved