The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#145609 - 03/26/08 11:34 AM Passing of Sister-in-Law
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
We just got word that hubby's sister died early this morning. Dear hubby...this is the fourth sibling he's lost in recent years, plus a few cousins he grew up with, and my mother and brother who hubby was very close to. This sister was 85 and bedridden for the past year, but it's still sad. We're heading to the funeral so I won't be around for a few days. Please say a little prayer for us for a safe trip (it's a very long drive up north, especially in the winter).

(Maya Angelou)

#145610 - 03/26/08 12:05 PM Re: Passing of Sister-in-Law [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mountain Ash Offline

Included in my prayers...all of you
Mountain ash

#145611 - 03/26/08 12:12 PM Re: Passing of Sister-in-Law [Re: Mountain Ash]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Oh, Eagleheart..does it ever stop or take a break????

You and your family are in my prayers..you will be guided on the roads, I am sure!!!! Take care and take it slow!!!

Lots of warm hugs in the cold and dark along the way..but you have your hubby and he has you..what a blessing!!!

`You know Eagleheart..it may be a lovely trip along the way..in the winter..

#145612 - 03/26/08 01:17 PM Re: Passing of Sister-in-Law [Re: humlan]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm so sorry to hear about this, Eagle. I know that your hubby will be comforted with you by his side. My thoughts are with you both; sending love, JJ

#145613 - 04/07/08 03:20 PM Re: Passing of Sister-in-Law [Re: Eagle Heart]
humlan Offline

Hi, Eagleheart dear..I am wondering if you are back from your trip up north..I have been thinking of you alot..and not been able to check here..as we all know.

I am sending my love and hugs to you...

#145614 - 04/07/08 05:04 PM Re: Passing of Sister-in-Law [Re: humlan]
Eagle Heart Offline

Thank you, Humlan, for your thinking of me! It was a long trip - 12 hours each way - but a gorgeous drive all along the St Lawrence River. It's the first time I've ever done the trip in winter, and wasn't looking forward to the icy roads, but we didn't hit any ice until the 10th hour, so ended up stopping at a motel overnight, even though we only had two more hours to go. When we got back on the road the next morning, we were so glad we stopped, because the roads for the next hour were VERY icy, and in fact, there had been a few accidents the night before. So we congratulated ourselves on our wisdom (ahem, he conveniently forgot that I had to beg him to stop).

Anyway, we got back home on Wednesday, and I couldn't believe how much snow had melted in a week - there are dozens of tiny shoots springing out of the ground, even though there are still snowbanks within inches of them! What inspiration that is, to see those little flowers diligently making their way through the snowbanks!

I missed this place terribly...so glad we're back, both home, and HOME!

(Maya Angelou)

#145615 - 04/07/08 05:33 PM Re: Passing of Sister-in-Law [Re: Eagle Heart]
humlan Offline

Eagleheart, I am so relieved to know that you are back home safely..and HOME here with us! It was very fortunate that your hubby listened to you and that YOU listened to your inner voice! You can never go wrong there, I find.

Your mentioning the flowers that are making their way up thru the snow and frozen ground, reminded me that I have to visit my lake again..the one where the vikings lived many many years ago. That place is a source of peace and strength for me..hmm.. and it´s beautiful..especially now before the bathers arrive in the summer. It´s fine then too..as I am one of them..but it´s so special right now..in it´s quiet serenity. But I can hear and feel the vikings around their campfires..drinking and dancing to the sound of their drums..Sometimes, I meet up with some lonely fisherman..usually Finnish in origin..and it´s so peaceful watching him from my rocks above him and the lake..with the sun going down..and the birds winging above..we just kind of nod to eachother..and leave eachother in peace. Lovely.

Lots of hugs, my friend..

#145616 - 04/07/08 05:57 PM Re: Passing of Sister-in-Law [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, glad to hear you are home safely. While the site was down, I was thinking of you and your latest loss. How is hubby managing?

#145617 - 04/07/08 06:02 PM Re: Passing of Sister-in-Law [Re: humlan]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, I am sorry to hear about yet another loss for you and your dear husband. You know, I was thinking about 'us' last week. I likened myself(and you)to a bulb...planted firmly in the ground during the winter and as the sun begins to shine in the spring,we pop our heads up and come to life. I think I may have SAD. Didn't we discuss this way back?
Sorry to stray but I wanted you to know that I think about you often and I haven't been posting much to let you know.

#145618 - 04/07/08 08:09 PM Re: Passing of Sister-in-Law [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Humlan, I love the way you can hear and feel the Vikings around your special lake area. I love when that happens...for me it happens at the summer camp I worked at for many years. I've been there when there's nobody else around, yet I can hear the laughter of children echoing through the air and the crackling of campfires all along the lakeshore. I remember sitting one afternoon on a tree stump in the woods where we used to hold church services every Sunday, closing my eyes and hearing sheer joy whispering through the trees. It was an awe-filled experience!

I haven't experienced that connection too many places - my brother (Gary) and I both experienced it when we went back to our family cottage after our Dad died...the air was full of history and every tree whispered its memories and it became too much to bear - neither one of us could ever go back, though God knows we wished we could...

(Maya Angelou)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved