The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 122 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#197263 - 01/07/10 02:39 PM Toe nail regrowth?
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Back in Sept I lost my big toe nail...from falling with flip flops on (NOT a good thing!) Anyway, the nail stayed on a long time, turned black, then the entire nail came off. There was new growth underneath.

However, it's taking a LONG time for that new nail to grow back. It's only about half way, and this is over four months now.

Has anyone else lost a toe nail? If so, did it take long to grow back. Or is it stunted and I'll be a "half-nail" the rest of my life? cry

#197274 - 01/07/10 05:54 PM Re: Toe nail regrowth? [Re: Di]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I lost mine once and I don't know why. I think my shoe had been rubbing on it or something. It does grow back...just takes time. Be happy it's wintertime and you can hide it!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#197292 - 01/08/10 12:28 AM Re: Toe nail regrowth? [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I had an ingrown toenail when a kid in the eighth grade. Mother tried and tried to heal me but it was too painful and wouldn't heal. Nasty looking thing too. The doctor finally just deadened my big toe and took off the entire nail. Don't remember how long it took to grow back but it did grow back completely and looks just like the other big toe nail. Have patience, some things just take time I guess.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#197318 - 01/08/10 09:40 AM Re: Toe nail regrowth? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I've never lost a nail, but have injured them, witnessing a huge white spot on the nail which has taken f o r e v e r to grow up and away.

Di, I love flip-flops, but am finding I have to wear them less as I get older. Not enough support for my feet.

#197331 - 01/08/10 02:32 PM Re: Toe nail regrowth? [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Yep, I love flip flops, too. But the ends do tend to "catch" on curbs etc. I'll tell ya......I went flying on the ground and blood squirted everywhere. Had to walk all around the store w/no tissues. Finally got a paper towel from a clerk.

Anyway, so far the nail looks like it stopped growing, but I suppose it's just slow. Glad I'm not the only one!

#197391 - 01/09/10 04:34 PM Re: Toe nail regrowth? [Re: Di]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I had a 2-year span of dealing with a fungus on a big toe. I wore sandals a lot, and even used nail glue to keep what little nail I had from falling off. The doctor prescribed Penlac, a liquid that I applied 2x a day for months - wasn't cheap and did not work. Eventually, it just got better. But, it did take a looonnggg time for my nail to finally regrow and look natural. It was lumpy and discolored for another year.

#197395 - 01/09/10 05:15 PM Re: Toe nail regrowth? [Re: browser57]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My sister had toe fungus and she had been told by a real toe doctor that she could apply Vick's salve to her toe nightly and it would heal it. So, she did. Each night she would coat her infected toe with the Vick's and then put a sock on. The next morning she would shower as always. Within about a six month period, it was completely healed and has never come back.

The thing is, the fungus had been there for eons....and this simply method healed it. How cool and strange is that? Not to mention CHEAP.

#197417 - 01/09/10 10:37 PM Re: Toe nail regrowth? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thats so true and it is odd J.J. It brought to mind when my baby Mark was around 4 months old, he had broncitis so bad I cried for him coughing so hard. Nothing the doctors gave me worked and cost a small fortune. When my grandmother heard about it she came over with a jar of Vicks Vaporub. She rubbed the bottom of his little feet, put his warm booties back on and told me to do this morning and night. In exactly two days his cough had lessened and in four was completely gone. I have used that method on myself and my kids ever since. I even do it if I feel a cold coming on and it never gets full blown. Hey why mess with what works, right? Ever notice how in almost 50 years they never change the really good stuff, like Vicks?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#197511 - 01/11/10 03:17 PM Re: Toe nail regrowth? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Lost a big toe nail when I was a kid; horse stepped on my toe; iron shoes can really hurt a large toenail. It took a long time to lose that nail; and, it took a longer time to regrow a new nail. Currently, I've three, damaged nails on my left hand. I've worked to regrow them for months, now: lathering the malformed nails with all sorts of healing products and wearing disposable, latex gloves overnight. Those three nails are still not what I'd hoped they'd be by now. Point is, takes a long, long time to regrow nails, be it finger or toe.

Edited by jabber (01/17/10 02:44 PM)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved