The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#218269 - 12/10/12 09:39 PM Anyone besides me wondering what "BB cream" is?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
In the past few weeks, I've been seeeing this Garnier commercial on TV for some cosmetic product they call "BB cream."

I had no idea what is was or what it did -- so I decided that the product was probably not for someone my age. And then I got to wondering whether the "BB" stands for "baby boomer."

So I did some online research. And no, it's NOT "baby boomer," but apparently it is a hot new trend....

Here's an article about it.

Apparently "BB" technically stands for "Blemish Balm" or "Blemish Base," but the product is not considered to be a spot cream.

Seems BB creams are more of a multi-function cream that has coverage and skincare properties. Women who use it like the fact that it promises natural-looking skin coverage. Me, I'm still just washing and moisturizing my face in the morning. So it is REALLY natural looking... LOL

Has anyone tried any of these products?

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218271 - 12/10/12 09:53 PM Re: Anyone besides me wondering what "BB cream" is? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
All I use is Shea Butter. All over my body. For the last 12 years of my life.

To me, it's the best there is!! Too many gimmicks out there. Read the ingredients, if you can pronounce them!

Edited by Di (12/10/12 09:54 PM)

#218272 - 12/10/12 11:00 PM Re: Anyone besides me wondering what "BB cream" is? [Re: Di]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Anne, I'm like you, when it comes to my face, I just wash and moisturize. I have had severe rosacea in the past, to the point where it was oozing and so ugly that I wouldn't even go outside for weeks at a time. I remember posting here a few years ago, begging for suggestions. I tried everything, including olive oil, shea butter, tetracylene - and it all just made it worse. Finally my brother bought me ProActiv and at first, it seemed it wasn't going to work either, but after a week, the rosacea completely cleared up.

Now I'm able to go for months without the PA. I can't use soap, but have found two different cleansers by Estee Lauder that work, and only two moisturizers that won't trigger a flare-up (one by the Body Shop and the other by Estee Lauder, which is very expensive).

So I don't experiment at all anymore. Even putting a wee bit of blush on for a few hours will trigger an itchy flare-up. I have to use special sun block, which is expensive but is the only brand which doesn't cause a flare-up...as long as I clean it off within a few hours. For our recent trip to China, I bought myself a broad-brimmed Tilley hat, to keep the sun off my face, so I wouldn't have to use the sunblock cream all day every day (which my face would not have been able to tolerate). The hat was wonderful and worked perfectly!

Sorry, I got a bit off-topic. This BB cream sounds handy...I would have liked to have had it in my younger days.

Edited by Eagle Heart (12/10/12 11:03 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#218275 - 12/11/12 01:02 AM Re: Anyone besides me wondering what "BB cream" is? [Re: Eagle Heart]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I should explore more moisturizers...but carefully. I now live in an area of Canada that has drier air. (Yea, I think women in our part of the country do look older!)

But will just stick to certain brands to try. As a teen I had bad acne, saw dermatological treatments, etc. So no interest in flare-ups at this stage in my life.

I actually have not worn full face make-up for past 4 yrs. and I work daily in the office surrounded by women and men.

#218278 - 12/11/12 07:21 PM Re: Anyone besides me wondering what "BB cream" is? [Re: orchid]
Marsha Roberts Offline

Loc: Tennessee
I found a couple of products that are terrific for those of us who are watching our pennies! You can get a 32 oz. bottle of Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion for only $1.98! And it is gentle and smells lovely. For my face, there is a brand called Palmer's that is also cocoa butter based, but with the special features we need for facial skin. It's very affordable and my skin is pretty sensitive, but I've never had a problem with either of these brands. Take care of your skin ladies! It's what houses that wonderful spirit of yours!
Blog: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6037984.Marsha_Roberts/blog

#218280 - 12/12/12 12:46 AM Re: Anyone besides me wondering what "BB cream" is? [Re: Marsha Roberts]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm going to stick with what works. Every time I think about changing, I look at the ingredients and decide I have a good regime going. I use only Di's soap to wash my face then moisturizer and makeup from Real Purity; their cosmetics have no toxic stuff in them, no nano particles, nothing but pure ingredients. I have searched a long time for good cosmetics without toxins, and there are more and more companies getting the message.

If you want to know what that stuff is in your cosmetics, check out the Environmental Working Group's Cosmetics database. I know I was appalled when I read what some of those ingredients do not only to those of us wearing them, but to the workers who are putting those ingredients in what we use. If I could, I would use just Di's Shea Butter, but that doesn't do well for me on my face. :-(
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#219762 - 12/13/13 12:09 AM Re: Anyone besides me wondering what "BB cream" is? [Re: yonuh]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I don't wear a lot of heavy make-up but I do wear some. I tried a couple of different brands of BB Cream and didn't find anything special about it. To me, it was no different than tinted moisturizer, only more expensive. Finding a good foundation has become challenging for my aging skin. I think all those age defining foundations are the worse! I thought it was too heavy; like it was supposed to fill in the fine lines and make the face look smooth, kind of like dry walling. grin

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved