The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 185 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#216067 - 01/08/12 06:55 PM airport radiation
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
I'm really not sure what topic this belongs in. But I've flown 4 round trips this past year, which means 8 times in the TSA security lines. And 7 of those times I've been asked to go through the bare-naked radiation machine, which they insist is harmless (and which I really don't believe). One of those times, I did notice that other middle-aged white women were also singled out.

I just flew 5 days ago and it happened again, so I asked one of the agents what was it about my face that I'm constantly singled out, and was it that I'm a middle-aged white woman? She (a middle-aged white women) sympathized and told me to complain to TSA and said they'd listen.

I'm thinking that probably the people who do the screening don't want to be accused of profiling, so they pick on the people they think won't complain -- like the ones in wheelchairs and...the middle-aged white women. So, I filled out the card in Phoenix, and now I must contact the other cities I've been to.

Has anyone else noticed this?

#216068 - 01/08/12 09:24 PM Re: airport radiation [Re: DJ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
DJ,
You have my sympathy. Middle-aged white woman are on their radar screen. Since 911, companies providing computer-assisted legal research services have run amuck, invading everybody's life. They're so big and powerful, nobody can stop them.

All I'm saying is it isn't just Transportation Security that's targeting our age group, Lexis/Nexis and all other spy-posting security firms are as well. And Yes. I've noticed. They've turned my life into a nightmare.

#216069 - 01/08/12 10:18 PM Re: airport radiation [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
DJ and Jabber,

I haven't flown anywhere for over a year now, and not since right around the time they introduced the newer scanners at airports. Thankfully I haven't had to experience anything beyond the scanners we're been used to for awhile.

So all of this is new to me. For example, I'd thought Lexis/Nexis was just a service lawyers used to do research, I didn't know, until Jabber mentioned them earlier - and I searched on Google - that they also did "security" work.

My decision not to fly has not been deliberate, it merely happened that I've had no reason to fly anywhere for awhile. But based on what you are saying, I'm not in a hurry to fly for awhile...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216072 - 01/09/12 12:21 AM Re: airport radiation [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Anne,
My situation is NOT connected to flying; it's with living. Nemeses lied to Lexis/Nexis about me; they believed her/them--there's 3 grown women and husbands; 1 grown man and wife.
L/N is everywhere; they employ all ages in every city worldwide. And they sell information to business owners for a subscription price. They spy on ordinary citizens and go to people, a person does business with, i.e.: doctors, dentist, eye doctor, bank, grocery stores, meat market, neighbors, and friends. They move into your neighborhood and follow you everywhere. If you complain to the parent company, they just up the surveillance. Putting up with this garbage for what seems like a lifetime is annoying to say the least. And L/N is unrelenting; bullheaded; and won't listen to the truth. They ruin people's reputations and think nothing of it. I wonder how they would feel if someone were doing to them what they're doing to others. They focus on innocent people and let riffraff run around shooting folks. I pray somebody brings 'em down!!! mad eek

#216078 - 01/09/12 07:04 PM Re: airport radiation [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

It sounds awful, Jabber. Like a "big brother" nightmare.

I am sure you have looked into legal ways you might be able to get them to leave you alone? Short of entering into the equivalent of a witness protection program, what did you find out?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216079 - 01/09/12 08:12 PM Re: airport radiation [Re: Anne Holmes]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I'd rather take a train. Have no flown since 2008 and really don't want to either!

#216082 - 01/09/12 11:23 PM Re: airport radiation [Re: Di]
Boomer in Chief

Train would be fine with me, I almost mentioned that I'd like to consider train travel. However, at the moment I still have to drive a few hours to get to passenger train service. They have been talking about (re-) bringing it to my area, but I suspect is still 10 years off.

Right now we only get passenger train service to Galena one weekend a year - for a big fall festival weekend. And then, it's just a connection from Chicago...

The rest of the year, loads of trains travel through town daily - they just don't stop.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216083 - 01/10/12 02:46 PM Re: airport radiation [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Anne,
L/N is huge; it's a worldwide organization with billions of dollars to back 'em. It would bankrupt us to try and fight them. So I just let them have their fun; am watching them, watch us. I'd like to see them stopped so other people wouldn't have to go through a similar nightmare.

#216084 - 01/10/12 02:48 PM Re: airport radiation [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Don't like flying. Enjoy riding a train now and again. Guess that's why we go RV'ing. WB won't fly and he gets seasick. So there ya go!!! LOL...

#216088 - 01/10/12 10:46 PM Re: airport radiation [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Flying certainly is not fun. Decades ago, maybe so. But not for the last few years.

Planes these days remind me of well-packed buses - except for the fact that they don't take off if people are standing in the aisles!

I do enjoy cruising by ship however... especially if you can get a mini suite. We did a "repositioning cruise" a few years ago, traveling up the west coast from LA to Vancouver, and it was delightful - and very affordable. (As in cheaper than spending the same 5 days in a decent motel, and buying food in restaurants.)

We did this because we had two conferences we needed to attend in Vancouver. They were a week apart, and we were trying to figure out whether to fly home and back, stay in Vancouver, or find some other way to spend the interval. This solution was a treat!! (And we got the suite for the same price as a balcony room.)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved