The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 119 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#165845 - 11/17/08 06:18 PM aching body - is this menopause related?
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
For the past month or so, I have been feeling like I'm 100.
My body aches and every so often my ankle gives out and is painful.

My wrists to touch hurt. Basically I feel like I have been run over by a truck. I'm wondering if this is part of menopause.

The only symptoms I've experienced are heavier periods and a few hot flasher per month.

Also, about a week before my period my underarms hurt, weird.

Anyone else experienced these symptoms?

Kate

#165854 - 11/17/08 07:25 PM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: katebcca]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Kate I haven't had like you describe but every now and then I get an ache in my hip or my shoulder but it leaves after a day or two. I heard that the body needs more magnesium....don't know. We have a nutritionist that just joined. Maybe she can shed some light on this for us.

#165857 - 11/17/08 07:36 PM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Long since done with menopause and still have minor aches and pains especially after days and days of sitting at the computer and not getting enough exercise.

Magnesium is something our bodies 'need' and it is also good for the heart muscle. Take 1000 mg. calcium with 500 mg. magnesium. They work together wonderfully but not well when taken alone.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#165869 - 11/17/08 08:54 PM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: chatty lady]
katebcca Offline

Thanks, I will try that. Years ago when I was experiencing major PMS symptoms it was suggested to me that I needed both magnesium and calcium.
Advice from a nutritionist would be great.

Kate

#165877 - 11/17/08 09:38 PM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: katebcca]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Kate

Another thing that I've researched, in combination with my doctor's advice, is whether I'm a vitamin D deficient. After after a blood test done, we found I was seriously deficient! From the research I've done, liquid D3 is best and you shouldn't take over 2,000 IUs/day. One of the sources I reviewed indicated over 85% of menopausal and perimenopausal women are Vitamin D deficient. I have felt a TON better since I started taking adrenal supplements, thyroid supplements, and D3...when my doc saw my numbers (he is a holistic MD by the way), he was surprised I was even functioning.

Just a thought (oh, and I take the combo chatty mentions too!).

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#165889 - 11/18/08 01:22 AM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: Mama Red]
katebcca Offline

Yes, I keep forgetting to take the Vitamin "D"

I take a multi, fish oil, etc. etc.

It is not so bad today. I have had my blood tested and all is fine at least it was three months ago.

I have to see my Doc soon so will mention my symptoms to her.

thanks,
Kate

#165897 - 11/18/08 01:34 PM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: katebcca]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kate, sometimes the best thing for achy body is exercise. It may sound odd, but I've found it to be true. We really need to stretch and exercise.

I've also learned the lack of VItamind D. Some say it's because we're outside less, and when we are in the sun, we're wearing sun block.

Edited by Dotsie (11/18/08 01:34 PM)

#165907 - 11/18/08 02:06 PM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: Dotsie]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
When I started working with my holistic MD, he did a saliva test as one of the first items on the list. One of my biggest "complaints" was that I felt I had been run over by a big truck...when the results came in, he said "no surprise!". My testosterone was way to high, my progesterone too low, my thyroid whacked (although at least 5 other doctors didn't think so), my adrenal pattern was off the charts.

Then he checked the Vitamin D...and it was whacked too. Guess there were a few good reasons that I was exhausted and in chronic pain, eh?

What bugs the bejeebers out of me is that I've been going to doctors for years and they've said "no, we can't find anything". Then this guy looks at my tests and says why haven't you been on thyroid supplementation for the last 20 years!

There are times when I really struggle to remind myself that all things happen in the right time. I would have "preferred" to spend the last 20+ years in less pain, I'll admit it!

And yes, Dotsie, that is what I'm seeing on Vitamin D too. In addition, my doc says most women in our age group are low, or borderline on it and almost all Midwesterners are low on iodine too.

Such a complex "machine" our bodies!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#166628 - 11/28/08 10:12 PM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: Mama Red]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well MamaRed the average person in medical school gets three monthe of training on 'natural supplements,' and thats it! They're aren't even any questions on the medical exams on supplements, vitamins, minerals, so that shows you how important it is to a medical communitry, constantly looking to subscribe pills, pills, pills for diseases and/or conditions that could be and would be, and ARE helped by natural vitamin and supplements.
Unless someone concentrates on Holistic Remedies, they will not be exposed to any.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#166664 - 11/29/08 12:54 AM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Great point chatty. I'm finding that younger doctors are more willing to listen to alternative medicine options. It's a welcoming change.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved