Below is information from one of our NABBW members, Mary Fischer, who is a Certified Menopause Practitioner, among other certifications. As she explains below, she is also a doctoral student at the UMass Grad School of Nursing, and as such, is conducting a research study about women’s experiences with discontinuing menopause hormone therapy.

She is looking for people to participate in her research. If you are interested, she's provided more detailed information below, as well as her contact information.

I am happy to introduce Mary and her research to the forum.

Anne

Menopause Research Study!!

I am a Nurse Practitioner and also a doctoral student at the University of Massachusetts Graduate School of Nursing in Worcester, MA. For my dissertation, I am conducting a research study about women’s experiences with discontinuing menopause hormone therapy.

Currently there is little information to support women who are stopping menopause hormone therapy. This study will explore women’s experiences with discontinuing menopause hormone therapy. The results will provide information for developing programs to educate and support women during hormone therapy discontinuation.

Women who have attempted to discontinue menopause hormone therapy within the past two years are eligible. Participation in the study will involve one 30-60 minute interview (either online through a protected server at the university or by telephone). During the interview, participants will be asked to describe their experiences of discontinuing hormone therapy and then answer a short questionnaire. Compensation will be provided.

This study has been approved by the Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects in Research at the University of Massachusetts/Worcester and is being supported by a grant from the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.

If you are interested in participating in this study please call (508-877-3316) or email me at mary.fischer@umassmed.edu.
Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Mary Fischer
Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
Certified Menopause Practitioner
University of Massachusetts/Worcester
Graduate School of Nursing
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com