The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 65 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#97009 - 12/01/06 02:50 AM Name my CD
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Hi Ladies!

I need your help. I have put together a Holiday CD, complete with Spoken Word and Music. It's a project I started working on before the book promotion and now it's finally complete. If you've gone to my website recently and listened to "Who Stole My Body" you'll have some idea of how I mix spoken word with music.

I need a name for the CD. Here's what's on it:

"Twas the Night before Christmas" (music: Winter Wonderland)

"Not Only Christmas Day" beautiful poem written by a woman named Mary Fairchild www.christianity.about.com (music: What Child is This)

"The Birth of Jesus" (music: O Holy Night)

Plus TWO UPBEAT FUNNY HOLIDAY SURPRISES---"12 days of a Menopausal Christmas" and "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"

This project has been on my heart for awhile. It's just my way of giving back because of the blessings I've received.

O.K...so here's the deal....If you come up with a name for the CD and it's chosen (I think I'll let my husband make the decision), I'll give you a free copy AND donate a portion of the proceeds to YOUR favorite charity. I already have one of my own that I'm planning to donate to. I expect to sell 100,000 of these CD's & downloads so your charity will love you love you love you love you.....

So, that's it. I'd like to have a name by Sunday so I can start the promotion on Monday. You can come up with as many names as you can think of.

As always I appreciate your support!

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
http://www.talk2bev.com

“I’m not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God.”

#97010 - 12/01/06 12:15 PM Re: Name my CD [Re: bamgibbs]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Oh my, I think it's really hard to think up a name without hearing the CD first. Maybe Beverly, you could suggest titles, and we just pick one?

#97011 - 12/01/06 03:37 PM Re: Name my CD [Re: Edelweiss]
bamgibbs Offline

That's a thought. I've posted my request on a couple of other sites and they're coming up with some pretty good ideas so maybe I'll just share them over here and see what you think.

#97012 - 12/01/06 06:29 PM Re: Name my CD [Re: bamgibbs]
bamgibbs Offline

OK...here are some suggestions:

1. Saving Christmas
2. The Soul of Christmas
3. The Christmas Ballad
4. Deep In the Heart of Christmas
5. Compassionate Christmas Blessings
6. Benevolant Blessings
7. Whatever! Listen It's Christmas
8. Spirit Yearning
9. Songs & Words from the Heart
10 Heartfelt Inspirations

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone

“I’m not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God.”

#97013 - 12/01/06 06:41 PM Re: Name my CD [Re: bamgibbs]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
What about taking a favourite phrase from one of the songs on the CD and using that as the title? (for example, "Not Only Christmas Day")

I like 10, but maybe would shorten it to Heart Inspirations, or change it to Heart Inspirations for Christmas.

(Maya Angelou)

#97014 - 12/01/06 07:37 PM Re: Name my CD [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I find it nearly impossible to name something so important with never having heard it. I nwish you the best if luck finding your title.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#97015 - 12/01/06 07:42 PM Re: Name my CD [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Even though I don't think Christmas is a Whatever topic, you may want to use the word in the title to continue with your branding.

#97016 - 12/01/06 08:09 PM Re: Name my CD
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Here is the first thing that came to mind Dotsie
'Seasonal Sojourn for the Soul'

Po
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#97017 - 12/01/06 08:31 PM Re: Name my CD [Re: Poppie]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Um what is Sojourn? I couldn't find it in the dictionary. should I buy an Irish dictionary? hmmmm

I agree with Dotsie...Keeping "Whatever" in your marketing line, allows buyers to see a conection. Actually it's a good marketing strategy.

How about:
Christmas, WHATEVER it's worth.

#97018 - 12/01/06 08:56 PM Re: Name my CD [Re: Edelweiss]
bamgibbs Offline

Thanks ladies...I will include your creative suggestions.

Now since Chatty Lady has brought this up, I'm looking for 3 people who would be willing to review a sample of the CD and write a SHORT review. It won't be the whole CD so I'll take about 5 minutes of your time.

Who's willing? It will be available for you listening pleasure (or distaste) on Saturday.

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved