The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#31822 - 03/27/06 10:54 PM I'm a great aunt again
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm posting it here.

Our niece in VA gave birth to the lovely Lauren Foster last Thursday. Mother, baby, father and big sister Cassie are all home and doing fine.

Now we need to plan another trip to Norfolk, I guess, although they say they will be bringing her up here as soon as they can.

Great nieces and nephews aren't quite the same as grandchildren, but we love each and every one of them.

#31823 - 03/28/06 12:48 AM Re: I'm a great aunt again
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Congratulations Jackie! I think great neices and nephews are close to grandchildren. They hold a special place in your hearts. I love mine but don't get to see most of them.

There are 3 older ones (in their late teens and early 20's) then lots of little ones no older than 10 years.

So, they live in Norfolk? I lived in Norfolk when my hubby was in the military back in the mid 70's. Oh my God - that was the dinosaur age wasn't it? Anyhow, I loved it there.

Congrats again,
Sandpiper

#31824 - 03/28/06 06:53 AM Re: I'm a great aunt again
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Congrats Jackie...what a pretty name for a pretty little bundle of joy....!

#31825 - 03/28/06 09:30 PM Re: I'm a great aunt again
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Our nephew Doug has been sending us pictures of Lauren since right after she was born. Chuck has printed some of them out for his mother, since she doesn't have a computer.

My neice is one of 3 sisters who, with the help of a wonderful husband, has managed to end a 4 generation cycle of maternal abuse.

We are so very proud and happy for all of them!

#31826 - 03/29/06 02:19 AM Re: I'm a great aunt again
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Congrats and thanks for sharing and beginning this topic.

I have no grandchildren, but do have three great nieces and/or nephews. Two are out of town, but I love getting their pictures. The one that's in town is precious and adds so much to our family get-togethers. Having a baby at a party really changes things up. I love it!

#31827 - 03/29/06 02:29 AM Re: I'm a great aunt again
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
[Big Grin] Congratulations, dear Jackie! Babies are a precious gift from God. They always bring so much joy, fun, hope!

[Cool] Great trip excuse... to get acquainted with that brand new bundle of love!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved