The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 59 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#106011 - 02/01/07 10:30 AM my week
Mountain Ash Offline

Well ladies...
what a week..last week my husband had a stroke..one week of tests and missing him..thank God he is recovering well.Home again with a load of medications.
BUT how we all pulled totgether. I kept private until all the scans were over but those who know are angels.
On the other hand....
my little family next door who were moving(I TOLD YOU ALL) have been let down by home sale falling through.They are living with relatives until March when they move back to this area.Only 100 yards away.When I was told my eyes filled wth tears of joy.I have kept my tears about my husband in but this news was the catalyst. I came to terms with them moving knowing we had been so happy next door to each other.This way they have plenty room and I can still keep seeing my special boy(and the mum and dad)
I feel blessed...and appreciate all I have.
Mountain ash

#106012 - 02/01/07 10:37 AM Re: my week [Re: Mountain Ash]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Oh, Mountain Ash...I am so sorry to hear about your husband's stroke, but relieved to hear that his recovery is going well. I know how difficult it is to go through serious illness with a loved one - I've done it many times with my older relatives.

As for your neighbors, I've also gone through that...having a sale fall through. But fortunately, I wouldn't buy the other house without the contingency clause of selling mine, so we were safe. I don't know the whole story of your relationship with this family, but I can tell how much they mean to you, so I'm happy for you that they will be nearby. That's wonderful!

I wish all the best for your hubby's continuing improvement. And don't forget to take care of yourself too! We often put everyone else first and have nothing left for ourselves...

#106013 - 02/01/07 12:30 PM Re: my week [Re: klmr13]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
So glad your husband is doing well!

#106014 - 02/01/07 07:25 PM Re: my week [Re: TVC15]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Mountain, such bittersweet news. I am sorry that your husband had a stroke and so happy he is back home with you. I am so happy your best little guy will still be close by you.

How are you coping? We will be thinking of you and sending you vibrations of doing well.

#106015 - 02/01/07 10:22 PM Re: my week [Re: Anno]
Mountain Ash Offline

I feel blessed to have him home.Lots of care to be given and recieved by both of us.
Thank you and although I did not post earlier I knew i could bring my "sore bit" here on the site.
Mountain ash

Little Guy...who would have planned him returning here..I sense Fate's finger is writing another part of our shared story..His Mummy hugged me when she told me...
Mountain ash

#106016 - 02/01/07 10:44 PM Re: my week [Re: Mountain Ash]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Mountain, sorry to hear the bad news and happy to hear the good. I hope your hubby improves quickly.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#106017 - 02/02/07 01:18 AM Re: my week [Re: Anno]
Phyllis0618 Offline

Loc: Oakland County, Michigan
Mountain, sorry to hear about your husband. It must have been scary since there are times when someone is getting better and the next day dies.

Keep him following orders from the doctor. I am glad you shared this with us.

Your spirit will help him heal.

#106018 - 02/02/07 01:35 AM Re: my week [Re: Phyllis0618]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mountain, you didn't mention any long term side effects so I'm hoping he has none. Nothing like a sudden illness to throw things in perspective. May the two of you have a renewed sense of your love for one another.

I'm celebrating the good news of the young family.

#106019 - 02/02/07 06:25 AM Re: my week
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Mountain Ash, so sorry to hear of your husband's stroke, and glad that he's doing OK. My husband had a heart attack in October, and I know how scary it is to watch someone near and dear in that type of situation.

I'm also happy that you'll still be near the family who were to be moving.

Poet and essayist

#106020 - 02/02/07 08:29 AM Re: my week [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Mountain Ash, bad news and then good news all in one. I know a couple of people who have had strokes. With medication it stayed with that one time. Hopefully that will be in your husband's case as well.
Speedy recovery wishes for your hubby, and so good that your neighbour friends are still there for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved