The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#33568 - 06/30/05 11:21 PM Updates
mammajude Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
Hello everyone,, I know its been a while. I've been so busy lately. I think things have calmed down for a little while. My husband who suffers from Bipolar disorder is still experiencing sleep problems and depression. The Dr. has added "Abilify" to the mix of medications. So far there isn't much change that I can tell.
He was so frustrated yesterday when he went to talk to his psychologist and she wasn't there. They couldn't find his appt. Don't you love it?? Two steps forward then 4 steps backwards.. UGH>>> not good. I just pray he'll feel better soon. At least have some stability!! This illness really takes it out of him and me. I keep on doing what I need to do and keep encouraging him to do what he needs to do. Its hard!! thanks for your prayers and support..

#33569 - 06/30/05 11:27 PM Re: Updates
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Mammajude,
Getting out of that sense of unwellness and instability can be so arduous and frustrating, not only for your husband, but for you who has to suffer right alongside of him AND be strong enough to keep encouraging him and putting up with the instability in so many smaller but equally frustrating ways.

My heart goes out to you. As do my prayers that he will ease into a more persistently reliable stability and that YOU will feel the support and care of those around you (like us here) who are with you in prayer and spirit.

#33570 - 06/30/05 11:38 PM Re: Updates
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Mammajude,

Your husband is so Blessed. I say that because not everyone with Bipolar is living with a simpathetic and understanding spouse.

Having said all this, I strongly urge you take some time, even if it a little time, for yourself.

You are Gold dear lady and I salute you!

Cheers and Blessings,
Cathi

#33571 - 07/01/05 01:41 AM Re: Updates
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
mammajude --

i think in order to work in the mental health field -- you MUST have a mental illness yourself

that's the only way things would be done with the PATIENT in mind instead of the careless "whatever" attitude that exists now

you and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers

#33572 - 07/01/05 03:29 AM Re: Updates
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks for the update, Mamajude. I've been missing you.

#33573 - 07/01/05 06:48 PM Re: Updates
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
mamma, I'm sure it's hard. And don't you wonder how some people can get the right mix of medicine and others can't? I'm praying for the right mix.

Have you done anything fun lately? Why not rent or go to a funny movie. Laughter is good for the soul.

Blessings all around...

[ July 01, 2005, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#33574 - 07/01/05 09:31 PM Re: Updates
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Mammajude, I'm so sorry that your husband hasn't found the right combination of drug therapy for stability. It took me a while too, but the doctor and I hit on the right combination about a year into my therapy. I've heard that it can take years for some people. I hope that isn't the case for your husband.

You really should be commended for being as supportive and helpful as you are. I realize how difficult it can be for significant others who must stand helplessly by and watch their loved ones suffer. But, your husband must be so grateful for having you there. Your presence gives him strength.

Don't get discouraged. All will work out.

#33575 - 07/05/05 09:39 PM Re: Updates
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I didn't want to cover this thread so will just post here. I had told all of you about my sister's DIL and the mental problems she was having. Well, the latest is, my nephew came home from work and all of the clocks in the house were covered because she now has an issue with the number 11. And, to add to this, she's pregnant again.

#33576 - 07/13/05 11:36 PM Re: Updates
mammajude Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
Well after taking the Abilify for almost two weeks with no real results the Dr. changed him to Zyprexa. After one week he upped the dose. He sees the Dr.s this week. He is feeling very weak and groggy on this medication. We can't seem to find the right mix. UGH>> Not fun. He hasn't been able to work much lately. I feel so helpless. Pray we find the right medication combo and SOON>>> thanks for listening..

#33577 - 07/13/05 11:56 PM Re: Updates
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Mamajude,
I can see so much love for your husband in your posts. And I admire the patience with which you search for a solution to his problems. I wonder though if, like many of us, you are placing too much faith in the 'right combo' of drugs. Maybe problems that are not relieved by chemicals are spiritual in nature.
Maybe he needs to be needed. Maybe he would feel better if he simply went out and did something good for someone for no reason except for the joy of it. Maybe he could do something wonderful for you.

Or maybe he is and we just don't know. I will pray that both his mind and his spirit are healed and that you are tremendously blessed for your love and patience.
smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved