The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#115482 - 04/19/07 01:03 AM Need advice for my grandson please
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Would you all mind analyzing my 7 yr. old granson for me? I'm really concerned about him. He idolizes his dad. His dad would play with him, wrestle with him, make sure he did his homework, make sure he brushed his teeth and had his clothes laid out for school the next day, but his dad has been accused of molesting my 4 yr. old grandaughter, his step-sister and is a guy who is way out there mentally.

At least that's my opinion. He goes on tirades about just about anything, hates the police and authority, allows my grandson and grandaughter to play violent video games and is teaching his son to pursue girls in a very macho and disrespectful way just to mention a few of his tactics.

He says, "I'm gonna yoke you up, boy!" throws him down to the ground and gets right in his face and yells at him then picks him up and loves on him.

I hate his parenting methods. My greatest concern right now is for my grandson. Now that dad has basically just dropped off the face of the earth as far as Dublin is concerned, he is throwing his toy soldiers around and crashing into them, he got on red today with white being the best in behavior, he won't hug me, he is testing all the limits and sneaking around behind my back and his mom's back stealing and lieing.

He burned two holes in his mother's car with the cigarette lighter, is destructive and when I asked him if he was disappointed in his dad and if he felt pain like he was hurting, he said yes.

Then last week someone stole his bike. He said, "Grammy, that bike was like my brother."

Please help me with this. What can I do? I want him to be happy and well adjusted and to have a regular schedule and a "normal" life. My heart breaks for him.

#115483 - 04/19/07 02:56 AM Re: Need advice for my grandson please [Re: NewLeaf]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm sure he is sad, angry, and hurting. I would talk a school counselor or make him an appointment with a counselor at the local mental health center...this is going to be difficult...

#115484 - 04/19/07 11:30 AM Re: Need advice for my grandson please [Re: Jane_Carroll]
NewLeaf Offline

I'm going to his school today and talk to his teacher and see if either she can recommend a counselor or see if there is one right there at the school.

Meantime I'm not giving him too much slack or over protecting him. I'm just trying to act as normal and expecting the same level of behavior and commitment to his homework while adding a little more fun than usual.

I hope it works.

#115485 - 04/19/07 03:00 PM Re: Need advice for my grandson please [Re: NewLeaf]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Yes, absolutely get him help. This is way beyond what you can handle. The fire starting is troublesome as it usually goes hand in hand with abuse...

#115486 - 04/22/07 02:45 PM Re: Need advice for my grandson please [Re: Casey]
NewLeaf Offline

What do you mean Casey? Does this mean his dad abused him too?

Last night Dublin got my cell phone and called his dad. I heard him on the other end of the line talking to Dublin in a martyr tone of voice...like he is being persecuted.

He told Dublin he was getting a house on the beach and was getting Dublin a pitbull puppy and a snake and Dublin would have his own room and so on and so on...this from someone who hasn't worked in 30 yrs!!!! A mooch, a freeloader and very proud of it! He called me a piker, someone who works for a living and then in 20 yrs. collects a gold watch.

He is such a loser. I watched him try to dominate Dublin like a dog trainer would a dog. Yelling, threatening, using physical strength over him, calling him a "pussy" and a "girl" when he cried. I hate him!

#115487 - 04/22/07 06:38 PM Re: Need advice for my grandson please [Re: NewLeaf]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
NL, how does this man afford to eat and clothe himself? He is so cruel to his children. I wonder how he grew up? A pit bull and a snake? Yep, every mans dream for his children....sigh.

#115488 - 04/22/07 07:49 PM Re: Need advice for my grandson please [Re: chickadee]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
NL, it's possible that he was abused as well, although your psychiatrist didn't think so. When I took my son, Jesse, to a therapist when he was little for starting fires, the connection was talked about, but the therapist didn't think that Jesse was abused. However, I found out two years ago, when Jesse was 19, that he was abused by a neighborhood boy.

I'm unsure why you didn't take the cell phone away from Dublin and "accidently" hit end to end the conversation with his father.

#115489 - 04/22/07 10:40 PM Re: Need advice for my grandson please [Re: Casey]
NewLeaf Offline

In truth, Casey, I'm afraid of him. He owns two, two AK rifles, assault rifles and a knife. He told me on more than one occasion that he would kill anyone who tried to take his son away from him.

After all, his "son" is his meal ticket. I think Dublin has been abused physically and certainly verbally.

I know the dad was abused by his father.

#115490 - 04/22/07 10:56 PM Re: Need advice for my grandson please [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

And in this case, its not the guns I'm afraid of, its this crazy person who owns them.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved