The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#34038 - 01/24/06 04:23 AM Taking its tole
mammajude Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
Well there is still on job for my husband. He has been interviewing, applying... but is getting more depressed because of it. Not good!!! He had two calls on Thursday to come back for another interview, he called and left them messages but NO CALLS BACK.. Of course these places don't know the situation. Only God knows!!! and we know. I am just so frustrated. I have no idea what God is trying to tell us. My husband is doing well on his meds. He just needs some structure in his life. Otherwise he'll just stay home and sleep and watch TV. That is not good for him. I know he is doing as much as he can do to find a job. We pray everyday about the situation but have no answer.. YET>>>
I know its in God timing but the bills are piling up!!!! PRAY FOR US>>.. thanks for letting me vent.. you guys are great...God Bless..

#34039 - 01/24/06 04:52 AM Re: Taking its tole
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I hate this kind of thing...Here he is out there looking for a job and applying and nothing!! Just tell him to keep at it. Maybe God has something particular in mind and he just hasn't come across it yet. I know it does take a toll...
My prayers are with you and him, in fact as of tomorrow night my church will add you both to the prayer wheel...As Emeril would say "BAM, lets kick it up another knotch!"

#34040 - 01/24/06 07:34 AM Re: Taking its tole
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I am interested in the psychology of job loss. It is such a devastating experience, especially for men and even more so for men at midlife.

Mamajude, I pray for your husband.

smile

#34041 - 01/24/06 11:17 AM Re: Taking its tole
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Mamajude, I will hold you and your husband in prayer
as well.

In the meanwhile, can he do any kind of temp work
while waiting for a permanent job? Even if the
temp assignment is not one he likes, at least it
will be money coming in and you usually get paid
weekly.

Keep us posted......

#34042 - 01/25/06 05:14 AM Re: Taking its tole
mammajude Offline

Thanks for all your prayers. It means soooo much to me!!!
He has another interview with another Home Depot this Fri. A second interview and a lady in our support group with NAMI gave my husband's name a guy at the school that is affiliated with our church. So my husband called and they want him to fill out an application because they may have some openings.. they are expanding the school. It would probably be in building maintanance or something like that. So at least some more possiblilites are arriving.
It does really hurt men esp. not to have a job or that structure and meaning in their life to go to and have a purpose. The illness certainly adds to it. I will have a short break this Thurs. afternoon to Sat. afternoon. Taking the train from San Diego to LA for a work meeting. I'll take a book. Its very relaxing... yeah!!! Some repreve.. sp?? God Bless you all. Your in my prayers as well.

#34043 - 01/25/06 07:21 AM Re: Taking its tole
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Mammajude, I am adding you and your family to my prayers. Thank you for yours. I'm curious,what book are you going to read on the train?
chick

#34044 - 02/02/06 12:36 AM Re: Taking its tole
mammajude Offline

Sorry I haven't been back in a while. Things are still the same. I actually made an appt. today to see a therapist myself. I'm just having a hard time with all of this. I need to exercise too so I brought my gym clothes. I know I'll feel better when I do.
My husband applied at our church's school for a facilities caretaker position. Not sure if they are hiring right now, if its part time or full time?? I just pray it will work out. He'd really like to work there. I ended up not reading a book on the train. I just tried to relax and close my eyes.. I'm sooooo tired!!! I'm trying not to loose my faith. Thanks for your prayers...

#34045 - 02/02/06 12:57 AM Re: Taking its tole
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Praying your husband receives the job, as caretaker...I pray the position to be open and available for him...I pray this in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
When two or more ask in my name.

Don't ever give up...

#34046 - 02/02/06 02:06 AM Re: Taking its tole
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
If, I can help in any way...please PM me.

#34047 - 02/02/06 03:34 AM Re: Taking its tole
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Mammajude, this is the time that you need your faith more than ever. Anyone can feel warm and fuzzy about faith when things are going well but when turmoil and disaster hits thats the time your faith is tested. I know, I have been there many times and wavered on the fence as well. Luckily for me I landed on the right side of the fence and my faith carried me through. Ask him and he will deliver what you need....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved