Hello ladies...I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the caring for our parents section or what...anyway, it concerns my mother-in-law and her continued need to support her crack head daughter...for those of you how have read about Robin, you know the story...now my focus in on my MIL.

Is it possible that the reason my MIL refuses to eject her drugie daughter from her life is because she is getting something by being needed by her? My MIL has a boyfriend, she has other 'sane' grown kids who love her but who hate coming around when Robin's there. She's able to come and go as she pleases but she just REFUSES, REFUSES, REFUSES....to listen to any of us. Therefore, am I missing something? Does she enjoy this? Personally, I think she's at the point she needs more help than Robin. Robin blames my MIL for everything....and I mean everything that is bad in Robin's life...of course, Robin won't say that to any of us...it's only when she is alone with her mother. Those of us who know the situation feel it's not a matter of 'if', but a matter of 'when' Robin physically hurts her...we know she's already slapped her and threatened to wreck the car with my MIL in it...but my MIL, even having gone through and heard this, refuses to place Robin in a place where she can benefit...Robin cannot manage her life at all...she's such a controller now that she parks her butt under mom as much as she can and the second she needs drug money she comes up with an excuse that the money is needed for something else and MIL believes it and gives it to her. My husband has had enough and doesn't even want Robin's name spoken in our house anymore. He's lost respect for his mother and although he would never tell her this (maybe he should) he will be there for her but not for Robin.
Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, directions, this family can take? Or do I just need to let it go and forget about it? I truly am haunted by my 73 year old MIL's face...she's tired, worried, has her own medical problems which of course Robin could care less about.
Does anyone know about Victim neediness? Is that what my MIL feeds on? Any ideas out there?