I work at the Veterans Hospital here if any one missed that and I work with the patients.

I am stunned by whom we call the "PTSD boys." These are all men at this time, going through a PTSD program at the hosptial. Because McCain has his personal hand in our V.A. hospital, we are even getting a big new building to house and care for those with PTSD.

I see them come in and they are rowdy and our of line. They are loud and not so friendly. They look mad and being near them is hard if you don't have a strong constitution. They speak openly about killing and IEDs, etc..

After two weeks in the program, it never fails, they become introspective. They quiet down and are calm. They talk to each other about feelings over lunch and speak of crying and hurting. They are changed and in the place of that rude animal like behavior is a man who is thinking about EVERYTHING that he does and why he does it. (We have no females at this time in the program.)

It is SO important that they get this treatment that it is black and white! They are out of control when they enter it and in control when they leave! Some are in patient and most are in one control group all going through treatment together. It's warm to see them change and bond.

Still, I wonder about that soldier coming home withOUT this treatment!

Just thoughts. I do now work exclusively with PTSD patients although that was my early education, I understand them though. I work with all patients. It can be hard.

Again, just thoughts and info.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"