The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#35269 - 01/10/04 08:32 AM Calendar Girls
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I saw the movie "Calendar Girls" tonight. It was hilarious! And it's based on a true story. Great movie for us Boomers- even if there were a few naked 'bums' in it. [Big Grin]

Donna

#35270 - 01/10/04 03:56 PM Re: Calendar Girls
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
"Something's Gotta Give" has an ongoing theme where Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton keep getting their readinf glasses mixed up. It was a hysterical movie and definately for us "Midders".
It was good to go to a movie where the audience was laughing out loud so many times. Enjoy!

#35271 - 01/10/04 03:57 PM Re: Calendar Girls
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
"Something's Gotta Give" has an ongoing theme where Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton keep getting their reading glasses mixed up. It was a hysterical movie and definately for us "Midders".
It was good to go to a movie where the audience was laughing out loud so many times. Enjoy!

#35272 - 01/11/04 12:24 AM Re: Calendar Girls
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
I saw Something's Gotta Give last week and loved it! The timing between Nicholson and Keaton is impeccable.

My daughter saw it a few days later and she loved the part where they traded the glasses back; but she also loved the part where Keaton is crying and writing, crying and writing, but she wanted to know why she was so hysterical... I told her that on some level, she knew what she was writing was good and she had to keep the momentum going so she wouldn't lose it.

But I loved their homes too. I really enjoy movies and when they take such care to create the environment around the person's character... well I just love it. And their homes were almost exact opposite. Her's had the softer, calming colors, buff and sand, yellow and white and gave a fresh, clean, wide open, expansive feel, while his apartment was dark, sleek, modern, with a sophisticated, yet knife-cutting chill to it.

And it was nice to see Keaton has grown a little out of her blustery, apologetic, unsure persona to a more confident woman who's really blossomed into herself. I just love that. I've seen most things she's done and always enjoyed her but She's just such a classic personality, I don't think she actually 'acts' parts, I think she embraces parts and they become her, not the other way around. But then the same holds true for Nicholson. He's so in touch with himself that you have to write 'Nicholson' parts, not parts that he can become.

I just love the movies!

Calendar Girls is next but one of my six 'girl-trip' girls is in the Bahamas this week so we have to wait til she's back. There's certain things we all see together.

~end of daily drivel~

#35273 - 01/27/04 08:14 AM Re: Calendar Girls
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
DreamrKate - how were the Bahamas? Lucky gal! That's what I miss most about living in the boonies. Girl friends. Getting together with women and having a silly time over lunch or drinks or at a bookstore. Talking about life and love and men and whatever. sigh...

While we were in Winston Salem, we saw Calendar Girls...fun movie! Both of us really enjoyed it and would see it again if (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!) it came to Tazewell. During the first of the movie I was laughing so hard I cried when they were talking about their programs...brocolli, rugs, etc. Been there, done that! Only it was the garden club. Gee whiz. Little fingers are rapped quickly and hard when they color outside the lines! Those WI women...met their kinfolk too.

#35274 - 01/26/04 10:57 PM Re: Calendar Girls
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey, did anyone except me see any symbolism in the mixed up glasses in "Something's gotta' give"?

I saw it as a symbol of them seeing the world from a new perspective. Diane began to see younger men in the way Jack had seen younger women. And Jack began to see older women in the way Diand had once seen older men.

And Love made the see the world in a whole new way.

Maybe I'm suffering from one too many literary criticism classes.

smile

#35275 - 01/29/04 04:22 PM Re: Calendar Girls
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Smile, I didn't think of that. Makes sense to me. Good thinking! [Big Grin]

Anyone else want that beach house from the movie? Wouldn't mind writing there! [Razz]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved